Ruiz v. Robinson: Stemming the U.S. Citizen Casualties in the War of Attrition Against Undocumented Immigrants
- Erratum to: Access to Higher Public Education and Location Choices of Undocumented Migrants: An Exploratory Analysis. Cebula, Richard; Nair-Reichert, Usha // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug2015, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p335
A correction to the article "Access to Higher Public Education and Location Choices of Undocumented Migrants: An Exploratory Analysis" that was published in the June 9, 2015 issue is presented,
- N.Y. Lawmakers Reject College Aid for DREAMers. MAXWELL, LESLI A. // Education Week;3/26/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p5
The article presents information on a U.S. bill, of the DREAM Acts, that was blocked by the New York state Senate in March 2014, which would allow undocumented high school graduates to be considered for New York's tuition-assistance programs for higher education institutions.
- Educators discuss how to help immigrant students. TALALAS, KATHERINE // National Catholic Reporter;2/28/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 10, Special section p7a
The article focuses on a panel discussion on financial aid and college admissions for students without legal immigration status in the U.S., held during the February 2014 conference of the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities in Washington state.
- Would Federal Incentives Entice States to Pass DREAM Acts? MAXWELL, LESU A. // Education Week;1/29/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p10
The article covers the In-State for Dreamers Act, proposed legislation that would offer financial incentives to U.S. states that make college tuition more affordable fro undocumented students as well as raise fees on visas issued to international students studying in the country.
- Legislation and Programs. Allen, Kimberly // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;12/22/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p15
The article discusses the full scholarships and tuition waivers program provided by the Seminole State College of Florida in partnership with the Hope CommUnity Center (HCC) of Apopka. The scholarships and waivers were given to eight students who are part of the Deferred Action for Childhood...
- Scholarship Fund Launched For Undocumented Students. L. A. M. // Education Week;2/19/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p4
The article provides information on TheDream.US, a fund established by former "The Washington Post" owner Donald Graham, political fundraiser Henry R. MuÃ±oz III, and former U.S. commerce secretary Carlos Gutierrez that will give college scholarships to low-income undocumented immigrants.
- GIVING UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS SAFE HARBOR ON CAMPUS. Mendoza, Sylvia // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;9/14/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p6
The article explores the educational programs of the Undocumented Student Allies faculty at Northeastern Illinois University for undocumented college students in the U.S. Topics discussed include concept of an inclusive program to help faculty and staff to prepare undocumented students, the...
- "Mapping the Patchwork of State 'Dream Acts' and Postsecondary Education Policies for Unauthorized Immigrant Youth". MITCHELL, COREY // Education Week;10/14/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p5
The article discusses the report "Mapping the Patchwork of State 'Dream Acts' and Postsecondary Education Policies for Unauthorized Immigrant Youth" by the organization The Migration Policy Institute, which addressed financial aid and other policies for undocumented college students in U.S. states.
- Federal Guide Outlines Help For Undocumented Students. MITCHELL, COREY // Education Week;10/28/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Education released guidelines to help school officials understand the legal status of undocumented high school and college students, especially in relation to private scholarship funds.