- Hot air over the greenhouse. Goldsmith, Alexander // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug93, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p6
Announces `Geographical' magazine's offer of free tickets to join in Radio 4 debate on the issue of global warming exaggeration. Courtroom trial format; Date of broadcast; Program's setup; Global warming critics and supporters; Contact information.
- A harrowing two weeks. Boyle, Peter // Green Left Weekly;10/14/2009, Issue 813, p3
The article focuses on the initiative of "Green Left Weekly" to address the global warming crisis.
- Fun in the sun. // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p9
Focuses on Dennis Avery's cover story for the debut issue of Hudson Institute's `American Outlook,' magazine about global warming. Avery's claims concerning global warming; Periods cited by Avery in the story; Reasons cited for the alarming predictions about global warming.
- Global Warming -- Challenge And Opportunity -- Article Notes That Few U.S. Insurers Have Joined In The Debate. // Insurance Advocate;01/23/99, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p16
Discusses an article, published in the January/February issue of the periodical `Contingencies,' focusing on the issue of global warming and the challenges its present to the insurance industry. History of the developments to address climate change; Key forces affecting climate change; Need for...
- Killer Warming? // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;2/6/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 15, p3
The article provides an overview of a study published in the journal Nature which reveals that global warming has created conditions that have allowed a frog-killing fungus to grow and spread in Central and South America. Percentage of harlequin frogs that have disappeared over 20 years is...
- Q&A................asks PE readers whether they believe climate change exists. // Professional Engineering;4/16/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p20
Presents the result of a survey conducted among readers of the journal 'Professional Engineering' on climate change. Explanation of the rise in sunshine and temperature; Belief of respondents regarding the existence of global warming; Impact of big dams on ecosystem in the world.
- Global hot air. Strayer, Jack // Investigate;Jun2006, Vol. 6 Issue 65, p62
Presents the author's views on global warming. Argument on the contribution of human activities to global warming; Campaign of media to alter the acceptance of higher taxes and rigid restrictions on personal freedoms of taxpayers in the U.S.; Claims of "Newsweek" that meteorologists were almost...
- On the Global Warming Front. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p132
Presents articles on global warming. `Foreign Affairs,' by Richard N. Cooper; `Issues in Science and Technology,' by Byron Swift.
- Warming up to Change. Studt, Tim // R&D Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p7
Editorial. Introduces several articles in the July 2002 issue of 'R & D Magazine.' Information on global warming; Significance of the Kyoto Protocols.