Less Immigration, For Immigrants
- Amnesty Won't Work. SESSIONS, JEFF // National Review;3/24/2014, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p20
The article looks at U.S. immigration policy and economic conditions in the U.S., as of 2014. The author, a Republican U.S. Senator, expresses the view that high levels of immigration are partially responsible for the economic problems facing low-skill workers in the U.S. in recent decades. He...
- Blame U.S. Immigration Policies, Not Wal-Mart, for Low Wages. Shuford, Tom // Education Week;10/1/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p26
A letter to the editor is presented in response to "Cincinnati Teacher: Don't Buy School Supplies at Wal-Mart," a letter from Tom Frank in the September 10, 2014 issue.
- Minimum Wage vs. Immigration: The Left's Contradiction. // Power Line;10/22/2015, p1
The article focuses on the left's arguments for immigration and minimum wage in the U.S. Congress.
- Negotiating the immigration maze. OTTE, JOHN // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Aug2014, Vol. 211 Issue 8, p25
In this article, the author discusses the U.S. immigration policy, comments that it is a puzzle and adds the documents provide by him while applying for a permanent visa for family reunification in Brazil.
- GOP loses on immigration. MOULITSAS, MARKOS // Hill;11/19/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 116, p25
The article comments on immigration reform in the U.S.
- Law and Borders. RODRÍGUEZ, CRISTINA // Democracy: A Journal of Ideas;Summer2014, Issue 33, p52
The article focuses on the localized immigration lawmaking, which has been happening across the U.S., due to which states and cities have always found ways to shape, unsettle, and complicate national immigration policy. It highlights California's struggle to define immigrants' place in the...
- African Leaders Meet to Discuss Immigration Reform. Foster, Heather // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p61
A blog on the meeting of a group of African leaders at the White House to discuss the benefits of immigration reform for African immigrant communities is presented.
- American Businesses Support a Path to Citizenship, a Shot at the American Dream. Escobar, Felicia // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p64
A blog on the impact of a comprehensive immigration reform on businesses in the U.S. is presented.
- WSJ editorial on immigrants borders on senseless. Malkin, Michelle // Fort Worth Business Press;3/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p29
Comments on the editorial published by 'The Wall Street Journal' on the investigation of illegal aliens prior to the legalization of their residency status in the U.S. Editorial board's lambasting of the principled conservative critics of provision 245(i) of the federal immigration law;...