Electricity Diversity Takes Shape in the Middle East
- Saudi Arabia goes solar. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);6/1/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the effort of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) to go solar using a Nofa Equestrian Resort facility featuring 1 megawatt (MW) solar power. Topics include Solar Systems Ltd. as the company responsible for the installation, Saudi Arabia's plans following the solar...
- The race to meet power demand. ROSCOE, ANDREW // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/10/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses Saudi Arabia's expansion plans for its power sector to meet the increasing electricity consumption. Topics discussed include the power agreements for Saudi Electricity Co.'s (SEC) Rabigh 2 independent power project (IPP), demand for electricity drive by strong population...
- Riyadh prepares for new energy reality. Roscoe, Andrew // MEED Business Review;Jun2016, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p60
The article focuses on challenge for newly appointed ministers of Saudi Arabia for enhancement of power generation in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with development of the region as center for energy utility and increment in target for production of power through renewable energy sources.
- Riyadh gets solar back on the table. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/23/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 38/39, p5
The article reports on the launch of the tender for the Taiba South integrated solar combined-cycle power plant in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, plan of state utility Saudi Electricity Co. to consider solar energy in its Duba scheme, and the kingdom's commitment to renewable energy schemes.
- Idea Polysilicon Company in talks for $1.1bn financing. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/25/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the the development of solar power production in Saudi Arabia by the Idea Polysilicon Company (IPC), with comments by chief financial officer Yasser Sweidan on finance deals with banks for the funding of the IPC Yanbu project for solar panel manufacturing.
- An Oil Giant Takes the Plunge into Renewable Energy. King, Wyatt C. // Green Builder Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p58
The article discusses the efforts of Saudi Arabia to shift into renewable energy although closely identified with petroleum, with the Kingdom announcing plans for the installation of 54 gigawatts (GW) of solar, wind, geothermal and waste-to-energy plants in the next 20 years. The government is...
- Riyadh to tender renewables projects. RATCLIFFE, VERITY // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/25/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 21, p9
The article discusses how the Saudi Arabian King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy (KA-Care) is making preparations to request bids for renewable energy schemes as of May 2012. Topics include KA-Care's plan to select a sustainable energy procurement company, plans to develop...
- ME moving up in RE. // Engineering Review (Asianet-Pakistan);1/1/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Morocco making use of renewable energy to generate power. Saudi's Makkah Municipality's plans to develop a solar power plant, performance of United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) in solar sector are also mentioned, and Morocco's initiative...
- PESTLE ANALYSIS: Summary. // Saudi Arabia Country Profile;May2014, p13
The article provides an overview of political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) conditions in Saudi Arabia. Topics discussed include dependence of Saudi Arabian economy on its oil sector, concern of Saudi Arabian government over high rate of obesity among Saudi...