Democrats Make War on Tax Cuts, Energy Independence
- Senate Blocks Filibuster-Proof Vote on ANWR. // Human Events;3/31/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the approval in the U.S. Senate of an amendment by U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D.-Calif.) to prevent consideration of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in a fast-track budget reconciliation bill. Background on the amendment; Support of U.S. Senator Joseph Lieberman...
- House GOP Faces Reconciliation Revolt. Cohn, Peter; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;11/12/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p3544
Reports on the decision of U.S. House Republican leaders to postpone a scheduled floor vote on their fiscal budget reconciliation bill on November 10, 2005. Reason behind the move; Concerns raised by the leaders over the bill; Approval of budget reconciliation bill to include a provision that...
- The Last Wilderness. // Junior Scholastic;4/25/2003, Vol. 105 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the voting on drilling for oil in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in the U.S. Senate .
- Sharpening the Drills. // Audubon;May/Jun2005, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the decision issued by the U.S. Senate in 2005 that favors the oil drilling operations in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Effect of the drilling operations on bird species; Expectations of the senate on the operations in the refuge; List of senators who are...
- WHAT WE LEARNT THIS MONTHâ€¦. // Ecologist;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p10
Presents news briefs on international events and issues as of May 2005. Opening of a Starbucks branch at GuantÃ¡namo Bay in Cuba; Decision of the U.S. Senate regarding drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska; Growth in sales of bottled water designed specifically for dogs.
- Chilling Conclusions. // Onearth;Summer2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p42
Reports on conclusions of a study by a National Research Council-formed committee about how oil drilling has affected the environment in the Alaskan arctic. Release of findings two weeks before the U.S. Senate voted against opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling.
- NFIB Supports Freeze on Additions to Strategic Reserve. Danner, Donald A. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/23/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p20
The article discusses the rejection of the Senate of an amendment for the expansion of the Arctic National Wildlife Preserve in the U.S. It states that Congress votes to require a temporary suspension on oil shipments to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve but needs to seek ways to increase supply....
- Statement on Senate Action To Allow for Environmentally Responsible Energy Exploration in a Small Part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/21/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p456
Presents a statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on March 16, 2005 regarding Senate action to allow for environmentally responsible energy exploration in a small part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Importance of a reliable domestic supply of energy to U.S....
- Senate Votes To Drill in Alaska's Arctic Tundra. // Human Events;3/28/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the amendment that would prevent oil exploration in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR). Aim of the exploration; Argument of Senator John Kerry in favor of the amendment and against drilling for oil in ANWR; List of legislators from the Republican and Democratic political parties...