Immigration must be better managed
- MY LIFE IN THE PROMISED LAND. Brott, Tamar // Los Angeles Magazine;Mar2008, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p170
A personal narrative is presented which explores an illegal alien's life in Los Angeles, California.
- Calif. Latinos aren't fooled. Moulitsas, Markos // Hill;6/23/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 72, p41
In this article author discusses the need to stop illegal immigration in California.
- CORRECTION. // Yankee;May/Jun2009, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p8
A correction to the article "Along the Border," which misquoted Border Patrol Agent Fernando Beltrans' mother as an illegal immigrant, published in March/April issue of the journal is presented.
- The open border. Sheehan, E.R.F. // New York Review of Books;3/15/90, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p34
Argues for United States energies along the Rio Grande border to focus on the drug trade rather than on illegal aliens. Difficulties faced by Central American refugees; Torturous conditions of Mexican prisons; U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
- Illegal aliens can get green cards now. Hinds, Lester // New York Amsterdam News;9/10/94, Vol. 85 Issue 37, p9
Reports that illegal aliens can already get green cards. Green card processing of undocumented aliens; Implementation of the bill by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Work ethic. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;9/30/96, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p50
Opinion. Comments on the illegal immigrations in California. Results of a survey conducted by the Public Policy Institute of California; What the results show; Argument made by Governor Pete Wilson.
- What's an undocumented immigrant? // New Moon;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p13
The article defines the term undocumented immigrant.
- PAIN IN SPAIN IS PLAIN. Mitchell, Greg // Editor & Publisher;Oct2006, Vol. 139 Issue 10, p11
A photograph of four would-be immigrants waiting to be questioned by courthouse officials on the Canary Island of Tenerife, Spain is presented.
- Border Lines. Rueda, Marisol // Latin Trade (English);May2007, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p44
The article presents information on a night crossing simulation tour offered by Parque EcoAlberto in Alberto, Mexico. The tour allows visitors to experience crossing the U.S.-Mexico Border in a simulation. It serves as an homage to those who have died attempting to cross into the U.S. EcoAlberto...
- She Doesn't Appreciate "City Slickers". Knapp, Doreen // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p16
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Life is full of uncertainty" in the previous issue.