Why schools should make condoms available to teenagers
- TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WELL. // Advocate;1/28/92, Issue 595, p10
Reports that the Washington, D.C. chapter of the ACT UP group distributed condoms at the Gonzaga College High School where the 16-year-old son of U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle studies. Aim of protesting Quayle's comments on condom distribution in schools.
- Condom facts. Lever, Janet; Schwartz, Pepper // Glamour;Oct95, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p66
Presents the outcome of a survey on condom awareness in the United States. First use of condom; Educator on condom use; Condom storage; Number of condoms carried in purse.
- His point of view. Story, Rob // Cosmopolitan;Sep94, Vol. 217 Issue 3, p58
Discusses the view of men about condoms. Undermining of men's masculinity; Feel of the condom during love making; Fears of men; Forced acceptance of the condom.
- Condom Distribution and Sexual Behavior. // Pediatrics for Parents;2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
Highlights results of a study comparing sexual behavior and condom use among high school students in the U.S. Pregnancy rates; Frequency of sexual intercourse; HIV instruction.
- Earlier sex education will tackle teenage sexual ignorance. // Education (14637073);10/27/2006, Issue 244, p3
The article reports on a recommendation of the Institute for Public Policy Research that sex education be included in primary education in Great Britain. It recommends that condoms be free or sold at low cost to teenagers in schools and sports centers. It also recommends that health and social...
- Advertising condoms: raising awareness or promoting promiscuity? Bainbridge, Jane // British Journal of Midwifery;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p327
The article examines issues related to teenage sexual activity, sex education and the promotion of condom use in Great Britain. The article discusses how sex education has developed from the promotion of abstinence to government-funded advertisement of condoms, the morning-after pill and...
- Unsuitable for Children. // National Review;10/21/1991, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p16
Gives a conservative response to the New York Board of Education's recent rejection of an amendment that would have allowed parents to keep their children out of its condom-distribution program. Recent studies which find that contraceptive and sex education substantially increases the odds of...
- Should sex education include teaching about condoms? // Today's Christian Woman;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
Presents several comments about sex education that includes teaching about condoms. Includes encouragement of students to go ahead and have sex according to B. Hill; Offer of safer alternatives to people who feel abstinence isn't a choice according to Leah Garrison; Use of condoms as a way of...
- Quick Hits: Sex in the News. // Contemporary Sexuality;Jun2007, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p12
The article investigates whether sex abstinence programs effectively prevent teenagers from engaging in premarital sex in the U.S. The results of a congressional mandated study showed that these abstinence until marriage sex education classes, which were funded by the government, are not...