- Time for a Twinkie tax? Ahmad, Shaheena // U.S. News & World Report;12/29/97, Vol. 123 Issue 25, p62
Discusses how to slim down the United States, the world's fattest society. The cause and cure for obesity; The idea to make high-butterfat chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream more expensive relative to low-fat frozen yogurt, in the hopes that more citizens would reach for the yogurt.
- Cellulite meltdown? // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Aug93, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p30
Gives advice on how to remove cellulite. Fat deposits on thighs, hips and buttocks; Use of creams; Diet and exercise; Cosmetic surgery.
- A Big Fat Crisis. BARTOL, GENEVIEVE M. // Beginnings;Oct2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p23
No abstract available.
- Combating obesity rates. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p9
No abstract available.
- Overweight, Obesity Threaten U.S. Health Gains. // FDA Consumer;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p8
Outlines the report 'The Surgeon General's Call to Action to Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obesity.' Statistics on the prevalence of overweight and obesity in the U.S. in 1999 and 2000; Recommendation on strategies that can be used by communities to address the problems associated with...
- Centered on health and wellness. // Northern Colorado Business Report;5/4/2012 Research Colorado, p75
The article offers information on the Colorado Center for Health and Wellness started in April 2012 that provides research and programs to reduce obesity.
- The Oregonian. // Hill;7/31/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 93, p16
The author reflects on the government efforts or initiatives to control obesity in the U.S.
- Do you know what your children are drink-. // Asian Pacific Post;7/7/2011, p5
The article offers tips on how to keep children healthy and hydrated as well as prevent obesity, which includes evaluating the nutrition and facts label of beverages, drinking of water, and eating fruits and vegetables.
- Getting serious about obesity. Stuckler, David; Basu, Sanjay // BMJ: British Medical Journal;3/23/2013, Vol. 346 Issue 7900, p8
The authors discuss the reports published by the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) and the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges on the obesity crisis in the UK. They mention that obesity continues to be one of the biggest health threats in the UK and these reports mark a slow but important step...