Readers speak out
- Everybody wins. // Vegetarian Times;Oct93, Issue 194, p4
Presents winners of a recipe contest sponsored by Vegetarian Times magazine participated by 1,400 entries. Promotion of vegetarian diet; Testing of the dishes; Putting an end to the myth that vegetarian diet is labor-intensive, bland and boring; Vegetarianism as a grass-roots activity to ensure...
- NEW BEGINNING. Lund, Laurel // Vegetarian Times;Jan2002, Issue 293, p8
Expresses admiration for the periodical 'Vegetarian Times.' Development of the periodical in the 1970s; Advantages of following a vegetarian diet.
- Writing for `Vegetarian Times.' Moll, L. // Writer;Apr89, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p25
Gives advice to free-lance writers hoping to publish an article in the `Vegetarian Times,' a magazine dedicated to promoting a healthful form of vegetarianism. Article suggestions and publication.
- Citings. Horgan, Karin // Vegetarian Times;Jan93, Issue 185, p16
Comments on interesting studies that recently have crossed the desk of `Vegetarian Times' staff. American Dietetic Association; `American Review of Respiratory Disease' examining the rise in the number of children with asthma; Changes in the school lunches in 34 elementary schools in Michigan...
- Hot picks. // Vegetarian Times;Jun93, Issue 190, p12
Announces the start of periodic insertion of `Hot Picks' in the section `Shopping Around' of the Vegetarian Times. Topical issues; Contents.
- Past story updates. // Vegetarian Times;Jan94, Issue 197, p18
Presents updates to previous articles in the `Vegetarian Times' magazine. Package of reforms of pesticide laws from the Clinton Administration; Secretary of the Interior Bruce Babbitt's provisions on range policy in the United States; Approval of the use of bovine growth hormone by the US Food...
- MAGAZINES. B.K.; Katz, Bill // Library Journal;10/1/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 17, p2022
Reviews the magazine 'Vegetarian Times,' edited by Paul Obis Jr.
- The year's hottest stories. Dalmares, Jim // Vegetarian Times;Dec94, Issue 208, p63
Presents updates on newsworthy features of `Vegetarian Times' periodical in 1993. Includes `Swearing of a Miracle,' by Gurney Williams III; `Gene Cuisine,' by Steve Lustgarden; `The Dairy Debate,' by Mark Harris.
- Demo chef helps improve magazine sales. Radice, Carol // Progressive Grocer;Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p99
Reports that Vegetarian Times magazine was able to increase the number of issues sold after bringing in a chef to demonstrate how to cook healthy meals at Stop & Shop in Orange, Connecticut. Number of Vegetarian Times issues sold in a single day; Information on the cooking demo sponsors of the...