Voodoo social policy
- Still the murder weapon of choice. Milke, Mark // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/14/97, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p32
Discusses the effects of firearm registration and the reduction of gun related deaths. Information provided by Statistics Canada from a study done on weapons and violent crimes; Arguments for and against gun control; Statistical information.
- Get angry about the gun carnage. NOCERA, Joe // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/7/2013 Supplement, Vol. 33, p13B
The article discusses the consequences of political inaction on gun ownership in the U.S. reflecting on how the country has been affected by mass killing in schools.
- Don't shoot...ever. Parker, Shafer // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);11/22/99, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p28
Discusses gun registration and gun laws in Canada. The case of Mack Donnelly, who was not allowed to protect himself against his daughter's ex-convict mother; Problems with the system; Comments from Dave Tomlinson of the National Firearms Association.
- Illinois Department of Human Services Clarifies "Clear and Present Danger" Mental Health Reporting Requirements; All Individuals with Developmental Disabilities Must Be Reported. // Developments in Mental Health Law;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the announcement made by the Illinois Department of Human Services on the new Firearms Owner Identification Mental Health Reporting System requirements for the expanded list of mental health professionals and mental health facilities. It states that mental health...
- We'll Give You That Visa if We Can Keep Our Assault Weapons. Alberta, Tim // National Journal;2/16/2013, p2
The article examines two political issues facing the U.S. legislature, immigration reform and gun control. The legislators are said to be open to overhauling the country's immigration system, but are keen on reforming gun-related measures. They argue that immigration is mandated for federal...
- Gun Owners Have a Right to Privacy. Stossel, John // Freeman: Ideas on Liberty;Jun2011, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p38
The article discusses the right to privacy of gun owners in the U.S. in 2011. It mentions the benefit of concealed weapon and notes the disadvantage of releasing the list of gun permit-holders. It also tackles the right to self-defense and to carry a handgun, stating that they are natural rights...
- THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL STATE. CODREA, DAVID // Guns Magazine;May2014, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p62
The author criticizes the Gun Violence Prevention and Child Safety Act, a bill concerning gun laws in Connecticut that was enacted in April 2015. He considers the bill as an act of infringement among law-abiding gun owners in the state citing violations of gun rights groups such as the...
- D.C. Ban on Handguns Ruled Unconstitutional. Bragg, Meredith // Hit & Run;7/27/2014, p1
The article focuses on a ruling handed by a U.S. federal judge on July 26, 2014 which regarded the District of Columbia ban on firearm possession outside the home as unconstitutional. It recalls an interview with "Washington Times" senior editor and gun owner Emily Miller in 2012 on various...
- The McDonald Decision & the Second Amendment. Behreandt, Dennis // New American (08856540);8/16/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p22
The article discusses the decision on the case McDonald versus City of Chicago and the applicability of the Second Amendment. It states that the Supreme Court has ruled that state and local authorities have no right to prohibit handgun ownership. Justice Samuel Alito notes that the Second...