Design engineers eye artificial intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence. Kroger, Joseph J. // Futurist;Jul/Aug87, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p38
Describes promising developments in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) as of 1987. Scope of AI; Practicality; Prototype solutions for complex problems; Applications of AI power packs. INSETS: Computers with Emotions.;The Implications of Super Intelligence..
- DRAWINGS GET REAL. Scarlett, Michael // Automotive Engineer;Sep99, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p70
Focuses on the transition of computed-aided design (CAD) drawings into a virtual-reality three-dimensional vehicle at an imaging center in Great Britain. Computer simulation in automobile design and construction; Graphics capability of the CAD workstations; Properties of surface reflectivity...
- Putting the high in machining performance. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Jul2002, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p38
Provides information on the utilization of high-performance machining (HPM) strategies in machine shops. Details of a five-step plan regarding HPM; Example showing the benefits of HPM in shop machining; Discussion regarding the use of a computer-assisted machining tool in machining.
- Technology Means Less Work. Shah, Ketan K. // Economic & Political Weekly;10/3/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 40, p5
A letter to the editor is presented discussing the adoption of computer-based and internet-aided production as well as distribution processes in several industries.
- Navigating the market for ITS. Kujawa, Mike // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the evolution of intelligent transportation systems (ITS). Development of the simple automatic notifications features of automobiles; Factors which drive the development of ITS; Radio data system; Personal in-vehicle information systems; Fleet management systems.
- The Evolution Of Drive-By-Wire. Watercutter, Angela // Wired;Jan2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p96
The article offers a brief history of the drive-by-wire technology which integrates artificial intelligence in automobiles.
- Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence 2013. Muñoz-Avila, Héctor; Stracuzzi, David // AI Magazine;Spring2014, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the problem of patterns of life, fielded applications of artificial intelligence in medicine and the corporate-developed question answering system USI Answers.
- MEDIA: Why marketing will power rise of artificial intelligence. // Campaign (UK);7/10/2015, p41
The article presents the author's views on the role of marketing in the artificial intelligence (AI) revolution as of July 2015, dealing with topics including the developments in AI, the possibility that virtual assistants will automate lives, and the need for brands to adapt.
- Intelligent manufacturing systems charts the future for manufacturing. Herrin, Golden E. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul94, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p150
Discusses the importance of intelligent manufacturing systems (IMS) to the manufacturing industry. Concepts under IMS; Global socioeconomic trends in industrialized countries that lend support to IMS; Barriers to accomplishing IMS goals.