Apple looks for PC vendor to resell Mac OS
- Apple drops the Newton. // Automatic I.D. News;May98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p14
Reports on Apple Computer Inc.'s halting of the development of the Newton operating system and Newton OS-based products.
- Apple set to demonstrate speedier version of AppleShare at Macworld. Busse, Torsten // InfoWorld;8/2/93, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p49
Reports on Apple Computer Inc.'s introduction of the AppleShare 4.0 operating system for the Motorola 68040 microprocessor. Boosting of server performance to two or more times that of AppleShare 3.0; Price; Contact information.
- Apple protects its hardware advantage while licensing OS. Quinlan, Tom // InfoWorld;3/14/94, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the plans of Apple Computer Inc. to license its operating system (OS) to third parties. Impact of licensing to the evaluation of the platform; Plans to license core hardware technologies to companies that offer niche systems; Apple concerns about protecting its hardware sales while...
- Apple OS upgrade puts Net a click away. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;07/21/97, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p12
Features a version of the Macintosh operating system, System 8, introduced by Apple Computer Incorporated, which offers more refined user interface and features design to put the Internet a mouse click away. Public reaction to the System 8; Statements from Michael Gartenberg, research director...
- Apple will nudge users to Mac OS X. // eWeek;8/5/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p9
Reports the urge of Apple for users and developers to move to Macintosh OS X. Impossibility for desktop and portable computers to boot into Mac OS 9.
- Apple server is impressive. Baltazar, Henry // eWeek;9/30/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p48
Features the XServe application server from Apple Computer Inc. Functions of the operating system; Benefits of the product; Price of the item; Contact information.
- Microsoft's not alone: Apple delays Copland OS release. Hess, Robert // PC Week;12/26/94-1/2/95, Vol. 11 Issue 51, p106
Reports on Apple Computer Inc.'s delay on the release of the next major revision of its Copland operating system. Shipping schedule; Reasons behind the delay; Impact to the computer industry.
- Apple tiptoes toward OS licensing plan. Greenberg, Ilan // InfoWorld;9/19/94, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p8
Reports decision of Apple Computer Incorporated to license its System 7.5 operating system (OS) to six hardware manufacturers. Change in logo for Mac OS; Criticism by analysts of Apple's approach to third-party licensing.
- Apple pushes Copland back to 1996. // InfoWorld;12/26/94 - 1/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 52/1, p3
Reports that Apple Computer Inc. has delayed the introduction of its Copland operating system (OS) until mid-1996. Support for the Common Hardware Reference Platform announced by Apple, Motorola and IBM; Plans to add support for Taligent Inc.'s Common Point object-oriented environment.