Alternative energy firms getting their second wind
- Energy Consequences. // Pollution Engineering;Dec2009, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the decline of natural gas as the renewable projects have developed in Colorado in 2009.
- Applying the Proposed TNS Energy Budget to Various Building Types. Schwer, Paul // Environmental Design & Construction;May/Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p36
Discusses the application of The Natural Step energy budget to various building types. Combination of improved building efficiency, improved photovoltaic efficiency and other sources of renewable energy; Use of average energy use indices.
- Switch on the sunlight. O'Flahertie, Susan // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p57
Reports on the Northern Territory's edge in the export of alternative energy. Costs of connecting remote areas to power grids; Local firms bidding for the installation of solar units in Indonesia; Development of an electronic regulator for solar units by the Northern Territory University.
- Plugging green power. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;1/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p16
Reports on the interest of individuals and corporations in renewable energy sources.
- 'Green' definition generates debate. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;1/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on the debate about what actually constitutes green power.
- Green power fest draws 50,000. // Electrical World;Nov98, Vol. 212 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the concert sponsored by Green Mountain Energy Resources in September 1998, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Promotion of renewable energy at the event; Power supply used in the event; Artist who performed at the concert.
- Power project is significant for Scotland. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);11/1/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7805, p18
The article reports that the Environmental Research Institute (ERI) at the North Highland College is leading a year-study that will estimate the ability of offshore renewable energy sources to meet future electricity demand in Pentland Firth, Scotland.
- State Eyes Standard For Renewable Energy Sources. Hulett, Jessica // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/23/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p23
Reports on the plan of Michigan for a standard for renewable energy resources. Benefits from renewable resources; Energy produced by turbines.
- 'Fuelled' renewables may be grandfathered. Wood, Janet // Utility Week;4/2/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses a review being planned by the Department of Energy and Climate Control (Decc) to determine grandfathering schemes for costs of energy from waste and anaerobic digestion plants.
- Finding the right places for renewable energy. Doherty, Anne // In Business;May/Jun97, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p25
Announces that the emerging technologies for sustaining energy are becoming daily more competitive with traditional power sources. Uses of the on-farm equipment developed by Applied Agricultural Technologies for sustaining energy from cow manure; Purpose of establishing the 65 kilowatt...