Pool Arctic Alaska: Drilling for dollars
- To Drill or Not to Drill. Lee, Dwight R. // Independent Review;Fall2001, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p217
Focuses on the issue of petroleum drilling by oil companies in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Complaints of environmentalists on the environmental implications of drilling; Discussion on the case of oil drilling in the Prudhoe Bay; Impact of technological innovations to...
- Debate. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;04/16/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 23, p7
Presents a debate on whether Congress should vote for allowing companies to drill oil at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Drilling Paradise Dry? de Seve, Karen // Science World;10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p15
Provides information on oil as well as the plans of the United States government to let oil companies explore and drill inside the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Pool Energy Services Co. // Equities;Nov94, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p32
Profiles Pool Energy Services Co. of Houston, Texas. Energy services firm with specialized Arctic land drilling rigs and contractor of labor services; Buyout of partner Pool Arctic Alaska; Effect of buyout on financial statements; Contact person: D.C. Oatman.
- The Debate Over Oil Drilling in the Alaskan Wild. // Current Events;3/9/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the debate over oil drilling in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR). United States Senator Frank Murkowski's introduction of a bill that would allow companies to drill for oil; Opposition from environmentalists; President George W. Bush's support for oil drilling in ANWR.
- Shell to drill again off Alaska's Arctic coast. // Energy Today (Hungary);11/4/2013, p2
The article reports on the announcement by oil giant Shell that it will make another attempt to drill for oil off Alaska's arctic coast.
- Drilling to start in Alaska. // New Scientist;9/5/2015, Vol. 227 Issue 3037, p6
The article reports on the U.S. President Barack Obama's allowing the oil company Shell to drill for oil off Alaska's coast, including in regard to the impact of drilling on polar bears, environmental protection of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska and environmental activists' attitudes.
- Shell to abandon Arctic drilling efforts. Henry, Devin // Hill;9/29/15, Vol. 22 Issue 89, p16
The article reports that Dutch multinational oil and gas company Royal Dutch Shell PLC will cancel its oil and natural gas drilling efforts in the Arctic Ocean of Alaska due to the high costs that the company sees with drilling in the area and limited amount of oil noted in its exploration well.
- Writer's works argue case against Alaska oil drilling. Bartimus, Tad // Buffalo Law Journal;2/28/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 17, p4
Profiles author Barry Lopez. Overview of various books written by Lopez, including "Arctic Dreams"; Efforts of Lopez to lobby against drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Experiences while living in Alaska during the construction of the trans-Alaska pipeline in the 1970s;...