- A WAR WAGED IN IMAGES. Friend, David // American Photo;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p38
Discusses the role of photographic images in the 2003 Iraq War. Reliance of the military in photography-based technology; Views on military photojournalism; Significance of digital and electronic technology to war photography.
- war visible. Solnit, Rebecca // Mother Jones;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p24
Focuses on the censorship of war photographs taken from the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Global impact of the war in Iraq as depicted in photographs; Role of the emergence of the Internet and digital technologies in the mass documentation of war; Information on war images compiled by filmmaker and...
- Real or Fake? Munro, Neil // National Journal;4/8/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p26
The article discusses the concerns on the fake, misleading or meaningless photographs from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that are being distributed to picture editors at newspapers and magazines around the world. It provides examples of such photographs including one which showed a piece of...
- An Iraq Album. Gilbertson, Ashley // New Republic;8/6/2007, Vol. 237 Issue 3, p27
A photo essay documenting the Iraq War is presented.
- An unfiltered view of daily life in Iraq. Johnson, Miki // Editor & Publisher;Jan2006, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the publication of the book "Unembedded: Four Independent Photojournalists on the War in Iraq." The book is a collection of war photographs in Iraq by several Canadian and Iraqi photojournalists. Several of the photographs featured in the book have appeared in major...
- SETTLING IN. // Time;4/28/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 17, p32
Presents a pictorial essay focusing on scenes in Iraq after the collapse of the Iraqi military. Images captured by 'Time' magazine photographers including looting, U.S. soldiers, torture chambers, Iraqi residents seeking help from soldiers.
- ON ETHICS AND CENSORSHIP. Boulat, Alexandra // Afterimage;May/Jun2004, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p8
Relates the experiences of a photojournalist on the war coverage in Iraq in January to May 2003. Description of the Iraqi society before, during and after the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein; Difficulties encountered by photographers in gathering information and on taking photographs of soldiers...
- Visual Testimony About War. Van Agtmael, Peter // Nieman Reports;Summer2008, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p91
A photographic essay on the Iraq War is presented.
- THE EFFECTS OF PRINT NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE CASUALTIES OF WAR. Pfau, Michael; Haigh, Michel; Fifrick, Andeelynn; HolI, Douglas; Tedesco, Allison; Cope, Jay; Nunnally, David; Schiess, Amy; Preston, Donald; Roszkowski, Paul; Martin, Marion // Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly;Spring2006, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p150
This investigation examined effect of news photographs of Iraq war casualties on reader emotional response and attitudes about U.S. military presence, and the impact of inoculation pretreatments. Three print news conditions were used: photographs with caption, photographs accompanied by full...