Shell's bid to drill for oil in Alaska on ice
- Shell to drill again off Alaska's Arctic coast. // Energy Today (Hungary);11/4/2013, p2
The article reports on the announcement by oil giant Shell that it will make another attempt to drill for oil off Alaska's arctic coast.
- NORTHERN EXPOSURE. Saha, Purbita // Audubon;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p19
The author focuses on the offshore drilling to be made by oil company Shell at the Chukchi Sea off northwestern Alaska in summer 2015.
- Spill Plan Approval Moves Shell Closer To Arctic Drilling. // Energy Daily;3/30/2012, Issue 63, p4
The article focuses on the approval by the U.S. Interior Department of oil company Shell's oil spill response plan for its drilling project in Alaska's Beaufort Sea. Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) director James Watson asserts that his department's focus is to hold Shell...
- Arctic drilling halted by Shell. // Daily Mail;9/12/2012, p73
SHELL has halted controversial oil drilling in the Arctic after just one day, due to sea ice encroaching on the operation.
- Shell Scales Back Arctic Drilling Plan As Ice Nears. // Energy Daily;7/12/2012, Issue 134, p7
The article reports that the summer drilling plan of Royal Dutch Shell PLC offshore Alaska's North Slope will be stopped by growing sea ice in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas.
- Protect Arctic Walrus from Shell's New Drilling Plan! // E THIS WEEK;11/18/2014, p1
The article offers information on the call for a petition to protect the walrus from the threat of a more polluting oil drilling plan of oil and gas company Shell in Alaska.
- What Lies Beneath. Kutlantzick, Joshua // American Prospect;Nov2006, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p26
The article focuses on the efforts launched by oil companies to explore Arctic and sub-Arctic lands that will soon be exposed as global warming melts the polar ice. Shell has acquired leases to explore for oil in the Beaufort Sea situated off the northern coast of Alaska. The move of oil...
- Shell Oil deciding on Alaska offshore drilling. // South Texas Automotive Report;Dec2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p15
The article reports that Peter Slaiby, vice president of Shell Alaska, has revealed that Shell Oil is set to decide on drilling plans for oil and gas in the Beaufort and Chukchi seas in the summer of 2010.
- Arctic alert. ALEX BRUMMER // Daily Mail;1/ 3/2013, p66
SO far so good. No spill has been seen at the Shell oil drilling ship Kulluk grounded off Kodiak Island in Alaska.
- Shell put Alaskan drilling on ice. // Process Engineering;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that Royal Dutch Shell Plc, oil and gas company is planning to stop its drilling and exploration activity in Beaufort and Chukchi Seas in Alaska.