Stem Cells Australia — Addressing the big questions in stem cell science
- New treatments for cancer through stem cell research. // Australasian Biotechnology;Mar2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p17
The article offers information on various stem cell studies related to cancer treatment, conducted by researchers at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute (WEHI) located in Melbourne, Victoria. Among the topics discussed include the discovery of breast stem cell which has the ability to generate...
- Haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children in eastern European countries 1985â€“2004: development, recent activity and role of the EBMT/ESH Outreach Programme. Wachowiak, J.; Labopin, M.; Miano, M.; Chybicka, A.; Stary, J.; Sterba, J.; Masszi, T.; Labar, B.; Maschan, A.; Kowalczyk, J. R.; Lange, A.; Holowiecki, J.; Kalman, N.; Afanassiev, B. V.; Dini, G. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Jun2008 Supplement, Vol. 41, pS112
The paediatric population of 19 eastern European countries amounts to approximately 80 million children. Between 1985 and 2004, the number of centres performing haematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in children increased from 1 in 1985 to 24 in 2004 and the yearly number of paediatric...
- I Want More and Better Cells! â€“ An Outreach Project about Stem Cells and Its Impact on the General Population. Varela Amaral, Sara; Forte, Teresa; Ramalho-Santos, João; Girão da Cruz, M. Teresa // PLoS ONE;7/29/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p1
Although science and technology impact every aspect of modern societies, there is still an extensive gap between science and society, which impairs the full exercise of citizenship. In the particular case of biomedical research increased investment should be accompanied by parallel efforts in...
- AIDS Outreach Center seeks new office space. Everitt, Julie J. // Business Press;07/09/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the efforts of the Tarrant County, Texas-based AIDS Outreach Center to find another office space. Expansion of the Southeast offices of the company.
- Community Outreach continues. Weaver, Veta // Grand Saline Sun (TX);3/27/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the continuation of the community outreach program "brain child" of Director of Nursing, Bill Young for Azalea Trail Care Centre and rehabilitation center for the residents of Grand Saline, Texas in 2008.
- Food Stamp info program June 19. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/4/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p17
The article focuses on the food stamp outreach program which will happen on June 19, 2008 at the community room of Whitney Housing Authority in West Polk Street, Whitney, Texas.
- Lending a hand in New Orleans. Muir, Amy; Efta, Annette // American Teacher;Mar2008, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p5
A personal narrative is presented which explores the authors' experience joining the Lend a Hand in New Orleans 2007 outreach program in Louisiana.
- Wright Street labor theory. Count, Mike La // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);11/29/2010, p8
The article reports that the Wright Street Resource Center in Riverwest, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has celebrated the grand opening of its new home for a number of community outreach services.
- Suffolk Toys for Tots Drive Enters 15th Year. Gaetano, Chris // Trusted Professional;11/1/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p23
The article offers information on the 15th year of the annual Toys for Tots drive by the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountant's (NYSSCPA) Suffolk Chapter in New York.