Catholic Church's fury at plan for gay marriage lessons
- Priests in attack on gay marriage. // Daily Mail;8/27/2012, p16
THE Roman Catholic Church in Scotland yesterday staged a day of protest over plans to legalise gay marriage.
- Pope's statements seen as good sign. COLBERT, CHUCK // Windy City Times;9/25/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p1
The article reports on the statement of Pope Francis I on gay issues and the stand of the Catholic Church with regards to gay marriage.
- LGBT News and Views from Around the World. Predrag, S. // Lesbian News;Sep2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p19
Presents information about events related to gays and lesbians. Issuance of guidelines urging Roman Catholic lawmakers to vote against legalization of gay marriage in Italy; Plans of the National Council of Churches of Singapore to maintain its legislation criminalizing gay sex in Singapore;...
- It's not all about sex. // U.S. Catholic;Feb98, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p40
Presents the reaction by readers of `U.S. Catholic' magazine on an article by Thomas J. Billitteri and David Morrison entitled `Gay and Lesbian Catholics Beg to Differ.' Attitude by church officials to gay marriages; Problems with arguments against gay marriages; Views on gay and lesbian roles...
- Catholic Bishops Blast Gay Marriage In Spain. // Church & State;Feb2005, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p21
Reports that Roman Catholic officials in Spain are attacking the government's plans to legalize gay marriage and advancing efforts to separate church and state. Reaction of the archbishop of Pamplona, Fernando Sebastian, on incidents involving gays; Inclination of the Catholic hierarchy to its...
- SPAIN. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;8/6/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the Spanish Roman Catholic Church's call on its followers to fight Prime Minister Joe Luis Rodriguez Zapatero's plan to legalize full same-sex marriage. Spanish bishops' opposition against gay marriage; Arguments presented by the opponents of same-sex marriage.
- Bishops pledge to split weddings if gay marriage is law. Elaine Loughlin // Daily Mail;3/30/2013, p2
BISHOPS have warned that if gay marriage becomes legal, they will no longer allow Catholic couples to have one church ceremony.
- Pope's warning on gay marriage. // Daily Mail;7/ 6/2013, p49
THE Catholic church will not give ground on gay marriage, the Pope warned world leaders yesterday.
- Church and marriage. Murray, Joe // Windy City Times;9/11/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p12
A letter to the editor is presented on the opposition of the Catholic Church to gay marriage in Illinois, relating the leadership and involvement of Cardinal Francis George.
- Let's invite gay and lesbian Catholics to a church wedding. Daniels, Dwight // U.S. Catholic;Nov97, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p15
Addresses the need for the Catholic Church to invite gay and lesbian Catholics to the celebration of matrimony. Effect of matrimony to the self-esteem of gay and lesbian Catholic couples; Greater access to be gained by the church in the lives of homosexual couples in validating homosexual...