PRESERVING AN ENTREPRENEURIAL AMERICA: HOW RESTRICTIVE IMMIGRATION POLICIES STIFLE THE CREATION AND GROWTH OF STARTUPS AND SMALL BUSINESSES
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Dorn, J. A. // CATO Journal;Winter2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction is presented which discusses the theme of U.S. immigration, commenting on topics within this issue including U.S. immigration policy, U.S. immigrants in relation to economic development and support among institutions for a liberal U.S. immigration policy.
- International doctorates: trends analysis on their decision to stay in US. Kim, Dongbin; Bankart, Charles; Isdell, Laura // Higher Education;Aug2011, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p141
Despite the significant implications of the foreign doctorates' stay or return decision on a personal level, as well as for the home and host countries, there is very little research that provides a comprehensive understanding of the factors that predict international doctorates' decision to...
- Negotiating the immigration maze. OTTE, JOHN // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Aug2014, Vol. 211 Issue 8, p25
In this article, the author discusses the U.S. immigration policy, comments that it is a puzzle and adds the documents provide by him while applying for a permanent visa for family reunification in Brazil.
- GOP loses on immigration. MOULITSAS, MARKOS // Hill;11/19/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 116, p25
The article comments on immigration reform in the U.S.
- Law and Borders. RODRÍGUEZ, CRISTINA // Democracy: A Journal of Ideas;Summer2014, Issue 33, p52
The article focuses on the localized immigration lawmaking, which has been happening across the U.S., due to which states and cities have always found ways to shape, unsettle, and complicate national immigration policy. It highlights California's struggle to define immigrants' place in the...
- African Leaders Meet to Discuss Immigration Reform. Foster, Heather // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p61
A blog on the meeting of a group of African leaders at the White House to discuss the benefits of immigration reform for African immigrant communities is presented.
- American Businesses Support a Path to Citizenship, a Shot at the American Dream. Escobar, Felicia // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p64
A blog on the impact of a comprehensive immigration reform on businesses in the U.S. is presented.
- The economic consequences of the proposed immigration reform. Peri, Giovanni // Intereconomics;May2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p191
The article examines the immigration reform proposal in the U.S. from an economic point of view. It identifies the main points of the legislation and evaluates their potential consequences for the nation's economic growth, productivity and labor markets. It explores the three main innovations...
- THE IMPORTANCE OF THE POLITICAL IN IMMIGRATION FEDERALISM. Ramakrishnan, S. Karthick; Gulasekaram, Pratheepan // Arizona State Law Journal;Winter2012, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p1431
This Article provides a systematic, empirical investigation of the genesis of state and local immigration regulations, discrediting the popular notion that they are caused by uneven demographic pressures across the country. It also proffers a novel theory to explain the proliferation of these...