Computerized Tomography of Thoracic Pathologies in the Pediatric Age Group: Pictorial Essay
- Spectacle sign. Sureka, Binit; Mittal, Mahesh Kumar; Mittal, Aliza; Thukral, Brij Bhushan // Lung India;
A letter to the editor is presented about the importance of spectacle sign while interpreting chest X-ray.
- On the edge of the film... Williams, Helen // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Education & Practice Edition;Feb2014, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p15
A quiz about chest radiograph is presented.
- An Unexpected Appearance in Thoracic Computed Tomography. Özçete, Enver; Çağıran, Ferhat; Durgun, Hasan Mansur; Özhasenekler, Ayhan // Journal of Academic Emergency Medicine / Akademik Acil Tip Olgu ;Sep2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p112
A quiz concerning the diagnosis to be given to a 77-year-old woman after the examination obtained who has a meat stuck on her throat.
- Endovascular coil embolisation of a giant pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysm from a gunshot wound. Kumar, Abhishek; Yoon, John; Kunac, Anastasia; Contractor, Sohail; Kisza, Piotr // Trauma;Jan2015, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p61
A 38-year-old female was brought to the trauma emergency room after sustaining multiple gunshot wounds to the right chest and abdomen. She had pulmonary contusions involving the right lung and a haemopneumothorax initially managed with chest tube placement. A few weeks into her hospitalisation,...
- A Case of Panhypopituitarism with an Addisonian Crisis Activated by Rifampicin. Fakılı, Füsun; Mete, Türkan; Çolak, Deniz // Turk Toraks Dergisi / Turkish Thoracic Journal;Oct2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p158
Addisonian crisis is an acute and life-threatening complication of adrenal failure. A 44-years old female case presented with Addisonian Ã–zet crisis following a two-week anti tuberculosis treatment because of tuberculosis lymphadenitis. Panhypopituitarism was detected at investigations for...
- Impact of image quality, radiologists, lung segments, and Gunnar eyewear on detectability of lung nodules in chest CT. Christe, Andreas; Ebner, Lukas; Steiger, Philipp; Parikh, Sachin R; Shah, Akash D; Roychoudhury, Kingshuk; Vock, Peter; Roos, Justus E // Acta Radiologica;Jul2013, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p646
The article presents a study to test the impact of image quality, Gunnar eyewear and nodule location on detectability of lung nodules in chest computed tomography (CT). It compares the individual influence of image quality, Gunnar eyewear and nodule location. It suggests that the sensitivity for...
- Establishing a Chest MRI Practice and its Clinical Applications: Our Insight and Protocols. Lee, Christine U.; White, Darin B.; Sykes, Anne-Marie G. // Journal of Clinical Imaging Science;Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Despite its nonionizing technique and exquisite soft tissue characterization, noncardiovascular, and nonmusculoskeletal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the chest has been considered impractical due to various challenges such as respiratory motion, cardiac motion, vascular pulsatility, air...
- Third accessory (supernumerary) intrathoracic right rib. Apaydin, Melda; Sarsilmaz, Aysegul; Varer, Makbule // Surgical & Radiologic Anatomy;Oct2009, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p641
Intrathoracic ribs are very rare congenital anomaly. We report a case of a third accessory intrathoracic rib located anterior to the normally developed right third rib in a 37-year-old man. Chest X-ray was not diagnostic. Multidetector computed tomography with 3D reconstructions was required for...
- Vanishing lung mass in a patient with asthma. Madan, Karan; Guleria, Randeep // Journal of Thoracic Disease;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, pE45
Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) is a common but frequently misdiagnosed clinical condition. It is usually diagnosed in patients with a long standing history of asthma. Patients with ABPA can have diverse radiological manifestations. Very rarely, lung masses have been reported. We...