The War on Terrorism in Central Asia and the Cause of Democratic Reform
- MILITARY REFORM, POST-WAR. // Christian Science Monitor;12/24/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 22, p8
Provides a reflection on the United States-led war in Afghanistan and the lessons learned.
- Iraq course must include winning. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/27/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p2
The author reflects on the importance of winning the Global War on Terror in Iraq.
- PACIFIST AMERICA. // Boise Weekly;9/19/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p8
The article argues against the issue regarding War on Terror in the U.S., wherein Americans opposes the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as it would be a prospect of future conflicts.
- EVEN DICTATORSHIPS HAVE THEIR LIMITATIONS. Durkin, Tish // National Journal;12/7/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p3537
Comments on the assistance offered by the government of Saudi Arabia to the U.S. in its war against terrorism. Discussion of the limitation of dictatorships; Solution to fight terrorism in the Middle East; Analysis of the use of money as a way to stop terrorism.
- America above all? Robeson Jr., Paul // New York Amsterdam News;1/31/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p13
Presents an opinion of readers of the newspaper 'New York Amsterdam News' on U.S. President George W. Bush's decision of war on Iraq in connection with September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on World Trade Center, New York. Opposition of Bush's decision by Afro-Americans; Question on the...
- Appendix A: Chronological of Significant Terrorist Incidents, 2003. // Patterns of Global Terrorism;2004, p95
A chronology of 2003 terrorist incidents that relate to articles that appeared in the April 2004 issue of "Patterns of Global Terrorism 2003" are presented.
- The many faces of counterterrorism: an introduction. Sandler, Todd // Public Choice;Dec2011, Vol. 149 Issue 3/4, p225
This article sets the stage for the special issue by describing the many faces of counterterrorism policy. The article highlights some key concepts-e.g., domestic and transnational terrorism, and alternative types of counterterrorism policies-that are applied throughout the special issue. The...
- Chapter 2 -- Country Reports: Middle East and North Africa Overview. // Country Reports on Terrorism;2007, p5
The article provides an overview of the threat posed by terrorism to the Middle East and North Africa in 2007. Iraq remained at the center of the War on Terror battling al-Qa'ida in Iraq (AQI) and affiliated terrorist organizations. While the number and lethality of individual terrorist attacks...
- Deconstructing Iraq. Els, Frik // Finweek;12/7/2006, p19
The author reflects on issues surrounding the war on Iraq. The author comments that U.S. President George Walker Bush has used a wrong term when he said on his campaign trail about war on terror that terrorists will win if democrats win. He stresses that the justification for Iraqi invasion has...