Prevention of Obesity in Young Children: A Critical Challenges for Medical Professionals
- 10. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p104
The article presents the results of the survey on the risk of obesity on children.
- Obesity. Ritchie, Sara // Pulse;Aug2013, p34
The article presents questions and answers related to obesity, including risk factors of obesity in cardiovascular and musculoskeletal disorders, importance of low-carbohydrate diet and low-fat diet in weight management, and exercise in obese children.
- Did You Know? // Malakoff News (TX);8/23/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 34, p14
The article provides facts on obesity and its risk factors which affects 17 percent of children and teenagers in the U.S.
- ONE-MINUTE Q&A. // Pulse;Feb2016 Supplement Cancer Insight, p4
The article presents questions and answers related to obesity in children including increase in obesity in English schoolchildren; obesity's link with cancer; and the need to small changes to daily habits to lose and maintain weight than faddy diets.
- The obesity epidemic in young children. Dietz, William H // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/10/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7282, p313
Editorial. Discusses the increased number of obese children around the world, especially in England and the United States. How overweight children risk continued obesity, regardless of their parent's weight; Risk factors that lead to various cardiovascular diseases, including high blood...
- Paternalism, Obesity, and Tolerable Levels of Risk. Merry, Michael S. // Democracy & Education;Apr2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
In this article the author examines the relationship between paternalism and childhood obesity. In particular he examines the risks of paternalistic intervention in order to prevent or curtail the occurrence of obesity among young children.
- Prevalence of and risk factors for childhood overweight and obesity. Veugelers, Paul J.; Fitzgerald, Angela L. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/13/2005, Vol. 173 Issue 6, p607
Background Increases in childhood overweight and obesity have become an important public health problem in industrialized nations. Preventive public health action is required, but more research of risk factors is required before evidence-based initiatives can be developed and targeted...
- The Role of Physical Activity in the Development and Prevention of Overweight and Obesity in Childhood. Graf, Christine; Predel, Hans-Georg; Tokarski, Walter; Dordel, Sigrid // Current Nutrition & Food Science;2006, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p215
The prevalence of obesity among children and adolescents is increasing rapidly. In Germany, between 10 - 20% of children are overweight or obese. Besides, a possible genetic predisposition and excessive energy intake, decreased physical activity and a sedentary lifestyle have been implicated as...
- Bimodal Distribution of Risk for Childhood Obesity in Urban Baja California, Mexico. Wojcicki, Janet; Jimenez-Cruz, Arturo; Bacardi-Gascon, Montserrat; Schwartz, Norah; Heyman, Melvin // Journal of Urban Health;Aug2012, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p628
In Mexico, higher socioeconomic status (SES) has been found to be associated with increased risk for obesity in children. Within developed urban areas, however, there may be increased risk among lower SES children. Students in grades 4-6 from five public schools in Tijuana and Tecate, Mexico,...