Scalamadre offers imports
- Crackdown on illegal textile exports. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p16
Reports on the agreement between the United States and Hong Kong to combine forces to curb the growing number of illegal textile shipments from the colony. Efforts to resolve the trade dispute between the two countries.
- Some other signs of better days. // Textile World;Aug94, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p19
Forecasts the trading for imported fabric in 1994. Phaseout of MFA; Impact of General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade; Decline in mill sales to US apparel makers; Higher exports of industrial fabrics.
- Dec. imports of textiles and apparel soar 28.4%. Ostroff, Jim // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/20/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 34, p14
Discloses the performance of the American textile and apparel import market in December 1996. Percent increase of textile imports; Contributing factors; Comparison of 1995 and 1996 textile and apparel imports; Impact of Chinese shipments; Reaction of industry experts.
- Exports: The new gospel of textiles. McCurry, John W. // Textile World;Aug94, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the foreign sales of American-made textile products. Forecast for export growth in 1994; American Textile Mfrs. Institute (ATMI) president Billy Armfield's remarks on opportunity for more exports; Products in great demand in foreign markets; Cone Mills' 1993 export business; Thomaston...
- Hong Kong's textile blues. // Newsweek;9/10/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p59
This week a new rule issued by the US Customs Service threatens to choke the flow of imported textiles, especially from Hong Kong. While many will be hurt by the rule, Hong Kong and China will suffer the most. Hong Kong is even planning retaliation, threatening to boycott imports of American...
- Textile makers fight bill to cut fine wool tariffs. Owens, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/27/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 18, p29
Focuses on the opposition of the textile industry to a bill from the United States Senate which would lower the tariffs on imported fine wool. Provisions of the bill regarding imported fine wool; Sponsors of the bill; Comments of an industry lobbyist on the bill.
- Italy's trillions. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/16/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 93, p16
Reports on the growth of the Italian textile and apparel exports outside the European Union in the first three quarters of 1995.
- Foreign market briefs. // Business America;11/29/93, Vol. 114 Issue 24, p32
Reports on the growth in Brazilian imports of textile products in 1993 due to the removal of trade barriers. Statistics supplied by the Brazilian Association of Textile Manufacturers; Reason for boom in imports; Environmental problems in France; Plans for dredging of the Han River Basin in Korea.
- Synthetic exports up 40pc. // Colourage;Nov95, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p71
Reports on the increase of synthetic and rayon textile exports in India for April to September 1995. Total export to the United States; Exports of synthetics and rayons for September 1995.