Research budgets suffer with defeat of stimulus plan
- The research freedom act. B.J.C. // Hastings Center Report;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p2
Discusses plans by Rep. Henry Waxman (D. Cal.) to reintroduce the federal Research Freedom Act which was defeated last term. Moratorium on funding of fetal tissue transplantation; Ethical safeguards of the Research Freedom Act of 1990; More.
- Government's role in research studied. // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p32
Reports on a hearing held on April 22, 1998, which dealt with the roles of government and industry in funding research, and the mechanisms for transferring knowledge to the private sector. Hearing held before the House Science Committee; Reference to hearing being part of the House's National...
- Conference sees cloudy future for federal funding of R&D. Agres, Ted // R&D Magazine;Jul96 Supplement Product/Literature, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p10LS
Highlights the themes that predominated at the 1996 Science & Technology Policy Colloquium sponsored by the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Washington D.C. Concern about the future of federal funding of research; Programs that would be hit hardest in United States...
- (MENTAL HEALTH) American Psychological Has Awards Up to $20K. // Community Health Funding Week;1/22/2010, p16
The article offers information on the Visionary and Weiss Grants from the American Psychological Foundation, which is intended to support nonprofit research, education and intervention projects and programs that can help solve social problems in the U.S.
- $21 MILLION AVAILABLE FOR GRANTS IN BIOMASS R&D. // BioCycle;Apr2003, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p82
Reports on federal grants for biomass research and development (R&D) programs in the U.S. Budget allocated to the projects; Objectives of the programs; Criteria and deadline for submission of R&D proposals.
- U.S. spending outlook. Wolff, MF. // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the proposed cuts in the United States government support for research and development (R&D). Revision of the National Science Foundation of its estimate of 1994 US industry spending on R&D; Predictions of Schonfeld Associates' `R&D Ratios and Budgets'.
- What companies want from federal labs. Roessner, J. David // Issues in Science & Technology;Fall93, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p37
Discusses the purpose of the United States federal laboratories. Policy options for utilizing public investment for national benefit; Factors affecting a company's decision to contact a federal lab; Differences in the strengths, capabilities and roles played by corporate research labs,...
- IAU academics pursue local technology. Yu, Roger // Caribbean Business;6/12/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p28
Reports that Fomento's Science and Technology Board has awarded a grant to Inter American University's Professors Ram Lamba Ramon de la Cuetara and their colleagues. Size of the grant; Attempt to nurture Puerto Rico's technological autonomy; Comments from Ram Lamba.
- Wave of support for fisheries. // Professional Fisherman;Sep2002, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p10
Reports the funding made by the Commonwealth Government's Fisheries Research and Development Corporation on research and development projects in Australia. Benefits of the funding for the fishing industry; Sustainability of the industry; Estimates on the fund allocation of the budget.
- Scientific and engineering communities join forces and demand budget increase. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;May97, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p952
Reports that in an unprecedented effort to increase federal research funding, 23 organizations spanning the scientific and engineering communities have issued a joint statement on scientific research. Details of the statement; Who organized the group; Comments from D. Allan Bromley, president...