TITLE

The Nordic way

AUTHOR(S)
Sartori, Sabrina
PUB. DATE
December 2013
SOURCE
MRS Bulletin;Dec2013, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p1011
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the announcement of the five Nordic countries of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden that they are targeting 85% carbon dioxide emissions reduction by 2050 from 1990 levels, with international carbon credits used to offset the remaining 15%.
ACCESSION #
93046306

 

Related Articles

  • Shanghai Carbon Emission Reduction in General, by SINO Carbon Intensity Index. Mingwei Huang; Jianke Guo // Sustainable Development (21607540);Oct2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p108 

    SINO Carbon Intensity Index is an index system which is expressed as the carbon dioxide emission per GDP. The index can reflect the changes on carbon emission intensity in different administrative regions in time series. This paper discusses the factors of carbon emission intensity of Shanghai...

  • ACC strategy to cut coal use.  // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/13/2013, p1 

    The article reports that the Indian cement producer ACC Ltd. is looking to reduce its fossil fuel consumption by 5 percent by 2015 to lower carbon emission. It states that the company is gradually substituting its fossil fuel consumption with alternative energy sources such as biomasss and...

  • Analysis of energy-related CO emissions and driving factors in five major energy consumption sectors in China. Cui, Erqian; Ren, Lijun; Sun, Haoyu // Environmental Science & Pollution Research;Oct2016, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p19667 

    Continual growth of energy-related CO emissions in China has received great attention, both domestically and internationally. In this paper, we evaluated the CO emissions in five major energy consumption sectors which were evaluated from 1991 to 2012. In order to analyze the driving factors of...

  • LINKING MUNICIPAL EMISSIONS TRADING SCHEMES ACROSS ASIA: THE MERITS IN ATTAINING CARBON DIOXIDE ABATEMENT TARGETS AND REDUCING ITS COSTS. Kenichi Imai // OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development; 

    In Asia, many municipalities are actively tackling an issue of global warming by setting their respective voluntary targets of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions abatement. Some of them in China, India, and Japan have already introduced or plan to introduce municipal emissions trading schemes. These...

  • EPA's Clean Power Plan.  // Power Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p20 

    The article offers information on the Clean Power Plan proposed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in June 2014 which aims to reduce carbon dioxide emissions of power plants by 2030. Topics covered include the variation in the carbon dioxide reduction targets for each state, the...

  • Steam Turbine Rehabs Improve Heat Rates. RAY, RUSSELL // Power Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p38 

    The article reports on the efforts to improve the functions of steam turbine to boost heat and comply with the Clean Power Plan of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Topics covered include the efforts to cut carbon dioxide emissions by 30 per cent in 2030. Also mentioned is the heat...

  • Collaborating With China in Climate Con Game. HOAR, WILLIAM P. // New American (08856540);1/5/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p42 

    The article offers information on the collaboration between the U.S. and China to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. Topics discussed include targets of U.S. President Barack Obama and President Xi Jinping of China to reduce emissions, carbon regulation proposed by the U.S. Environmental...

  • Water leads low-carbon construction.  // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Jan2014, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p6 

    The article focuses on the role of water industry in the reduction of carbon dioxide emission in Great Britain, wherein carbon reduction is anticipated to provide considerable economical benefit and significant savings to the infrastructure sector.

  • Ups & Downs.  // Click Green Newsletter;3/2/2012, Issue 10, p11 

    The article provides information on the various developments in the field of sustainable energy development including a new way of removing carbondioxide from factory chimneys developed by scientist, increasing number of non-native species in the flora, which can harm the public health, the...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics