QF carbon offset deal
- QF to reboot carbon offset program. // Travel Daily;6/5/2015, p5
The article reports on the re-launch of the Fly Carbon Neutral program of airline company Qantas Airways Ltd. which gives its domestic passengers the option of paying a small amount to offset carbon emissions associated with their flight.
- QF carbon offset push. // Travel Daily;9/2/2014, p5
The article reports on the greenhouse gas mitigation efforts promoted by airline Qantas Airways Ltd. (QF) through its carbon (C) offset program.
- AIRLINE NEWS. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Nov2007, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p218
This section offers news briefs regarding developments in the global airline industry. British Airways initiated a $233 million overhaul of its business-class amenities onboard the airline's Boeing 747 and 777 fleet. Qantas has launched a Carbon Offset Program where passengers may elect to...
- Canada following B.C.'s lead on clean fuel standard. // Filipino Post;12/15/2016, p13
No abstract available.
- Cap and Charade. Shellenberger, Michael; Nordhaus, Ted // New Republic;10/28/2010, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p8
The article discusses U.S. President Barack Obama's frustrated ambitions to make the U.S. a global leader in clean energy. A cap-and-trade emissions trading scheme proposed by Obama's administration was advertised as a means of both promoting clean technologies and creating jobs. However,...
- Cash rich. Lang, Steven // Utility Week;11/5/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p24
The article emphasizes the need for strong financial resources in order for the clean technology sector to facilitate a low-carbon and a more efficient global operation. An increasing pool of capital is being made available for the sector including large capital bases built by the advancing...
- Biogas: Clean Energy Access with Low-Cost Mitigation of Climate Change. Somanathan, E.; Bluffstone, Randall // Environmental & Resource Economics;Oct2015, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p265
Using data from the nearly 6000 households in the Nepal Living Standards Survey of 2010-11 we find that the mean reduction in household firewood collection associated with use of a biogas plant for cooking is about 1100 kg/year from a mean of $$\sim $$ 2400 kg/year. This estimate is derived...
- Qantas floats lower. // Air Transport World;Aug95, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
Reports the privatization of the Australian flag carrier, Qantas, in order to make profits. Opening of Qantas's shares on the Australian Stock Exchange on July 31, 1995.
- Qantas cuts flights, plans 3,000 layoffs. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/15/1991, Vol. 134 Issue 15, p36
Reports that Qantas Airways is cutting services and will lay off up to 3,000 employees in an effort to return the Australian government-owned carrier to profitability.