A Meeting of the Minds
- The 1st grade plant museum. Wallach, Christine; Callahan, Susan // Educational Leadership;Nov94, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p32
Discusses the designing of user-friendly exhibits for a community-based project by first graders at the New City Schools in Saint Louis, Missouri using Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences. How the idea for a plant museum was introduced to children; Talents displayed by children in...
- New thinking at new city school. // Independent School;Fall94, Vol. 55 Issue 1, The Reporter p7
Reports on Saint Louis, Mo.-based New City School's plan to host a conference on November 10-11, 1994 for independent school educators who want to learn more about the theory of multiple intelligences. Howard Gardner as featured speaker; Contact information.
- Multiple intelligence at the New City School. // Independent School;Spring95, Vol. 54 Issue 3, The Reporter p5
Reports on the implementation of Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences in the New City Schools' elementary school. Publication of the book `Celebrating Multiple Intelligences: Teaching for Success'; Contact information.
- How the new city school applies the multiple intelligences. Hoerr, Thomas R. // Educational Leadership;Nov94, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p29
Discusses the implementation of the theory of multiple intelligences among first grade pupils at the New City School in St. Louis, Missouri. Reading and discussion of Howard Gardner's `Frames of Mind'; How the faculty was informed to insure understanding and enthusiasm; Implications for how...
- How I Spend My Summer Vacation. Hoerr, Thomas R. // Educational Leadership;May2007, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p85
The author, the Head of School at the New City School in Missouri, discusses his summer activities, noting that most educators do not get a true summer vacation but do manage to enjoy the less hectic time. He explains the in-house professional development opportunities provided at New City...
- The 8th intelligence. // Instructor-Primary;Oct97, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on naturalist intelligence, the eighth intelligence as identified by Howard Gardner. Definition of naturalist intelligence; Possibility that there may be an existential intelligence that allows humans to ask fundamental questions.
- Educating for understanding. Siegel, Janna; Shaughnessy, Michael F. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar94, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p563
Presents an interview of professor Howard Gardner of the Graduate School of Education at Harvard University. Views on intelligence; Current research interests; Views on the field of education; Books written.
- Plugging into multiple intelligences. Oliver, Anita // Education Digest;Feb97, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p61
Studies the underlying principle of the Theory of Multiple Intelligences developed by Howard Gardner. Intelligence categories; Link of culture and society in the development of social intelligence skills; Application of theory in classrooms; Differentiation of theory from intelligence quotient...
- Gardner's theory. Brualdi, Amy // Teacher Librarian;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the origins of Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences, his definition of intelligence, the incorporation of the Theory of Multiple Intelligences into the classroom. Role in alternative assessment practices; Seven intelligences Gardner defines; Gardner's argument on the basis...