BULLYING--Not Just a Kid Thing
- Surveying the BULLIED to Set Policy. McCartney, Mary Pat // Education Digest;Feb2005, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the results of a survey of students about bullying in U.S. schools. Information on why several students will not tell adults that they are being bullied; Top reason for bullying according to fourth- and fifth-graders; Keys elements of a comprehensive program addressing bullying.
- BULLY-DOM. Lawrence, Rick // Group;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the results of a survey on bullying in school, conducted by researchers with Clemson University in South Carolina in 2013. Overall, 16% of students are bullied at school and 7% of students admit to being a bully. Children have reported a steady decline of bullying from...
- Bullying in the Schools: How Educators Can Help. Olweus, Dan // Education Digest;Mar1988, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p30
The article discusses how educators can help to tackle bullying among school children. Bullying is a considerable problem in Norwegian and Swedish comprehensive schools. Thousands of students are afraid of going to school for fear of being bullied and feel anxious and threatened while in school....
- ENVIRONMENT AND LEARNING. // Education;Apr/May71, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p277
The rate and the efficiency of learning depend upon basic capacity and a variety of experiential and environmental factors. It is well known that an individual may have good capacity but may be handicapped in the learning process by factors which inhibit or distort his attention, interest,...
- The learning climate. // Education Week;11/29/95, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p4
Presents results of a survey on the opinion of high school students on the importance of various aspects of the school environment.
- Have a Little Respect. Scherer, Marge // Educational Leadership;Sep2011, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p7
An introduction is presented in which the author addresses the focus of the issue on bullying in school, the actions of teachers in educating young students about bullying, and the role of respect in U.S. education.
- Dealing With Bullying. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/6/2002, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p6
Addresses the issue of bullying in schools and ways to prevent it. INSET: What Can Be Done?.
- BULLYING HURTS. Feltes, Kimberly // Scholastic Action;3/16/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p16
The article addresses the growing problem of bullying in schools and offers tips on how to deal with it.
- Next in the Teachers' Lounge …. Leete, Patricia // Teaching Young Children;Apr/May2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p31
The article presents the author's insights regarding the issue of bullying in school.