Old Westbury Gardens
- The gardens of Genesee. Bishop, Lisa Mullins // Early American Homes;Jan98 Special Issue Garden, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p50
Features the gardens of Genesee Country Village and Museum in Mumford, New York. Types of gardens; Garden structures; Plant species in the gardens.
- OLD WESTBURY GARDENS. Dobrin, Lyn // Flower & Garden;Mar2001, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p26
Describes the Old Westbury Gardens in Long Island, New York built by John Phipps for his wife Margarite in 1906.
- The gardens at Stonecrop. // Horticulture;May86, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p48
A description of the 40 acre gardens of Frank Cabot in Cold Spring, N.Y. The gardens have perennial borders, water and rock gardens and a small nursery business.
- Sanctuary. Dwight, E.; Jenshel, L. // New York;8/6/90, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p41
Discusses how all over New York City, gardeners have created green oases--wild and romantic, sumptuous and formal, Asian, medieval, cottage-style. Looks at several of these appealing gardens, green refuges from the summer city.
- Garden of love vandalized by the kings of hate. Sulzberger, Arthur Gregg // New York Amsterdam News;08/13/98, Vol. 89 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the vandalism of Mother Mays' Love Garden in New York, which is owed by Rowena Mays. Location of the garden; Comments from Mays; Damages which resulted from the vandalism.
- No grow for Battery garden. // Art in America;Jan1992, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p27
Reports the cancellation of the proposed $12 million 3.5 acre garden designed by Jennifer Bartlett for Battery Park City on the southern tip of Manhattan. Opposition due to cost of maintenance; New York Gov. Mario Cuomo's stand.
- Garden bonanza. Mifflin, M. // House Beautiful;May92, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p62
Visits Treillage, a New York garden shop founded by interior designer Bunny Williams and decorative arts dealer John Rosselli.
- Paradise regained. Abramowitz, J. // Country Living;Jun90, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p94
Photo essay with text of a perennial garden in New York State that was once a rubbish-strewn parking lot. How the owners effected the transformation; Flowers, shrubs, pool and sculptures.
- Two great gardens. K.R. // Travel & Leisure;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, pE9
Describes the mansion at Old Westbury Gardens in Oyster Bay, New York. Ancient history; Interior design and amenities; Contact information.