- The right's stuff. Fenyvesi, C. // U.S. News & World Report;12/18/89, Vol. 107 Issue 24, p15
Comments on conservative fundraiser Richard Viguerie's efforts to defeat prospective US loans to faltering Communist economies.
- DARE to EXPLORE. TOMLIN, C. M. // National Geographic Kids;Mar2016, Issue 458, p4
In this article, conservation biologist Dee Boersma talks about traveling from the coasts of the Galapagos Islands to the Antarctic to study penguins.
- Congress considers a world park. // National Parks;May/Jun90, Vol. 64 Issue 5/6, p24
Discusses various bills before the United States Congress supporting Australia's plan to create an Antarctic Wilderness Park. National Parks and Conservation Association's efforts; Convention on the Regulation of Antarctic Mineral Resource Activities (CRAMRA).
- Antarctic achievement. E. S. // Art Newspaper;Feb2011, Issue 221, p27
The article offers information on efforts by the UK Antarctic Heritage Trust to raise 3.5 million British pounds to finance the conservation of the Antarctic hut used by British explorer Captain Robert Scott.
- Environmental Policy. // Moldova Country Review;2013, p189
The article lists several environmental organizations including the Ministry for the Environment, the Department of Conservation and the Antarctic Treaty regarding their efforts for regulation and protection of environment in Moldova.
- DTE Energy Rises As Market Slips. PAUL WHITFIELD // Investors Business Daily;3/28/2014, pB09
As the market faltered in the past few weeks, some conservative plays inched ahead.
- Call to create marine reserve network around Antarctica. // Ecos;Nov2011, Issue 165, p1
The article focuses on the move of the Antarctic Ocean Alliance (AOA) to call on the Convention on the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) to establish marine reserve network in the oceans around Antarctica. The areas proposed by the AOA for protection include the Ross...
- Mawson's hut--the never-ending story. // Australian Geographic;Jan-Mar97, Issue 45, p10
Reports on the efforts to conserve Mawson's Hut near Cape Denison in Antarctica. Comparison of photographic surveys of the hut to determine rate of deterioration; Conservation programs to be approved by the Australian Antarctic Division; Management of tourists visiting the site.
- Australia part of bid for Antarctic marine protected areas. // Ecos;Jul2013, Issue 185, p1
The article reports that an Australian delegation presented an East Antarctic representative system of marine protected areas (MPAs) to Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) meeting held in Bremerhaven, Germany in 2013. It states that a joint proposal by...
- Saving rainforests may be doomed. // USA Today Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 122 Issue 2587, p15
Reports on the warnings of Douglas Southgate of the Ohio State University on the efforts to preserve South America's diverse plant and animal life. Reason for the faltering of the biodiversity conservation campaign in South America; Overemphasis on Integrated Conservation Development Plans...