Pay Gap Over Time Between Compensation and Benefits Professionals
- The Mythology of Management Compensation. Lawler III, Edward E. // Management Review;Oct66, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p15
Studies the assumptions held by managers of business enterprises in the U.S. regarding executive compensation. Pay as an incentive of executive performance; Dissatisfaction with compensation; Information about management pay rates. INSET: CUSTOM-MADE BENEFIT PACKAGES.
- First class coach. Kennett, Miranda // Management Today;Jul2003, p82
The article presents information for managers of teams in corporates about prioritising on a daily basis and managing the amount of time required for particular people or issues. Deciding on priorities for how to spend time requires standing back and considering the big picture. What are the...
- Just Compensation. Donoghue, J. A. // Air Transport World;Mar2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the compensation of airline executives in the United States. The managers are the highest paid in airlines. The culture of a company is reflected in the pay and criteria for calculating their bonuses. Valuable corporate officers must be paid well to keep them from leaving...
- Executive Briefing. Thompson, Robert W. // HR Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p12
Presents news briefs about human resource executives as of March 2000. Relationship between salary increases and stock performances of business; Increase in the median tenure of discharged managers and executives; Increase in the need for talent for businesses.
- Alternatives to Long Vacations. // Workforce (10928332);Aug2002, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p70
Offers advice on personnel management. Alternatives to long vacations for managers; Tip on how to help people adjust to different managerial styles; Advice about lowering an employee's salary.
- 1999 Manager Salaries. // Public Management (00333611);May2000, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p37
Presents graphical representations of the 1999 manager salaries in the United States. Average city manager and chief administrative officer salaries; Average county manager and chief administrative officer salaries.
- Is it time to revise your sales compensation plan? Kahle, Dave // Supervision;Aug96, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p6
Provides advice on determining the need to change sales compensation plans. Benefits of changing the plan; Implementing corporate strategy; Handling sales managers; Retention of salespeople.
- Infoline. // NACD Directorship;Nov97, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p15
Presents some news briefs concerning top management companies. Growth of top executive pay over revenues and profits; High rates of salary in Asia; Performance of investor relations communicators in the corporate world of United States.
- Senior HR salaries outrun inflation. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p51
Cites findings of a survey by Computer Economics and Remuneration Economics on the reward package of human resource (HR) directors in Great Britain, as of February 2003. Increase in the basic salary of HR directors; Percentage of bonus in the total earnings; Average reward package for...