- Sexuality, sexual health. Headley, Sue // Youth Studies Australia;Sep2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p61
Presents an abstract of the study `STAND: A peer educator training curriculum for sexual risk reduction in the rural south,' by M.U. Smith and R.J. DiClemente, from the 2000 issue of `Preventative Medicine.'
- The Sex Education of Adolescents. Zaitsev, G.K.; Zaitsev, A.G.; Khaptanova, T.G. // Russian Education & Society;Mar2003, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p30
Analyzes a study conducted to find out the need for sex education among teenagers in Russia. Factors responsible for the need of sex education among teenagers; Psychological reasons for the rise of negative tendencies in children.
- What do teens want to know about sex? Monroe, Judy // Current Health 2;Nov96 Supplement, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the significant information about sex education teenagers must know. Definition of libido; Difference between sex and love; Safe sex; Sexually transmitted diseases; Contraceptives as risk factors for HIV; Condoms.
- How to Talk to Your Parents About Sex. Orr, Tamra B. // Current Health 2;Nov2002 Human Sexuality Supplement, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
Presents tips on how to start a conversation with parents about sex. Importance of an appropriate time and a good opening line to start a conversation; Preparation of questions or concerns about sex; Need to be open with parents about sex education.
- Healthy early-adolescent development (11-13 years olds): Implementing a human sexuality... Dycus, Sandra; Costner, Gwyn M. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Oct90, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p46
Discusses the implementation of human sexuality curriculum and a pilot program for seventh grade in Rutherford County School System, Tennessee in 1985. Background on the development the county human sexuality curriculum in 1984; Informed parental choice; Conducting sessions in small and same...
- Sex miseducation. Kirby, Douglas // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p48
Examines the article of Barbara Dafoe Whitehead on the parents' influence on the sex education of teenagers in United States, published in the 1993 `Atlantic Monthly' periodical. Scientific evidence that government's program on sex education are not effective; Programs based on established...
- "Well, maybe I'll try the pill for just a few months..." Brief Motivational and Narrative-based Interventions to Encourage Contraceptive Use Among Adolescents at High Risk for Early Childbearing. Cowley, Carol Bandura; Farley, Tillman; Beamis, Kathlynn // Families, Systems & Health: The Journal of Collaborative Family ;Summer2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p183
Discusses interventions to encourage contraceptive use among adolescents at high risk for early childbearing in the United States. Ambivalence about contracepting; Counseling interventions that include practices from Motivational Interviewing and Narrative Therapy; Desire to become better...
- Adolescent girls and sexual desire. Sheffer, Susannah // Mothering;Jul-Sep97, Issue 84, p78
Contemplates on how female desire are rarely discussed among adolescent girls. Sex education's limited scope on female sexual development; Reluctance of adult women to talk about sexuality to adolescent girls; Reasons for the reluctance in acknowledging desire.
- I blew it with my teenager. What should I do? Curran, Dolores // Marriage Partnership;Fall94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p76
Discusses how parents should deal with their teenage son's curiosity for pornography. Positive consequence of having a mother who overreacts on the discovery of pornography in her son's room; Need to explain why she freaked out; Sex instruction.