Palestine after Desert Storm
- Before and after. LeVine, Mark // Tikkun;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p14
Comments on continuous war in the territories of Israel. Information on structural violence in Hebron; Psychological or physical torture which affects the families of Palestinians imprisoned by Israel; Statements from Dr. Haider Abdul-Shafi, elder statesman of Palestinian politics in Gaza.
- The big picture. Post, Marlene E. // Tikkun;May/Jun98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p60
Opinion. Comments on social conditions in Israel, focusing on advancements made in the country's health services. Reference to Israel's 50th anniversary; Aspects of politics in Israel; Information on medical aid in Israel; Cynicism on Israel's political situation; Description of medical...
- Modern, secular ways battle notion of biblical homeland. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;5/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 124, p9
Focuses on the social and economic revolution in Israel. Social, economic and political events reshaping the country; Challenges to the religious and communal values that epitomize Judaism; Development of Israeli individualism; Relations with other Arab countries.
- Redefining what it means to be an Israeli. // Christian Science Monitor;5/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 124, p9
Focuses on the social life and culture in Israel. Division between the religious and secular Jews; Significance of the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin by a religious jew in November 1995; Redefining the meaning of Jewish identity; Israeli Ministry of Education's publication of the...
- The view from the West Bank. Salpeter, E. // New Leader;6/26/89, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p5
Recounts the author's personal experiences when visiting Jewish settlements on Israel's West Bank. Ideology and idealism of the settlers; Political tone of the communities.
- SOCIAL OVERVIEW. // Israel Country Review;2007, p187
This section presents an overview of the social conditions in Israel.
- The troubled territories. Sudo, P. // Scholastic Update;10/4/91, Vol. 124 Issue 3, p16
Explores the dynamics of daily life in the occupied territories, via a series of anecdotes culled from various newspapers and magazines. Rock throwing by sixteen-year-old Palestinian youth Farid; Thoughts of an Israeli soldier who patrols the West Bank; Palestinian support for Iraqi bombs...
- BEYOND POLITICS. Gordon, Nitzan // Mothering;Jul/Aug2001, Issue 107, p62
Focuses on the works and accomplishments of an interdisciplinary program for Arab and Jewish educators called 'Beyond Words: Moving Towards Coexistence in Israel,' formed at the Acre Women's Pedagogical Center in Israel.
- Marginal Gentiles in Israel. Roshwald, Mordecai // Judaism;Winter75, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p7
Describes the interest and commitment of the marginal gentiles in Israel. Factors contributing to the sentiments of the gentiles; Details on the plight of the Italians in San Nicrando; Involvement of the Finnish travelers on the community social habits.