The Magnavox Experience
- Filter center. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/5/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p64
Reports that Magnavox Electronic Systems Corp. has changed its name to Hughes Defense Communications.
- IN WITH THE NEW. Sandlund, Chris // Entrepreneur;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p83
Presents guidelines on easing employee transition. Extension of welcome; Preparation of the employee workplace; Presentation of vision.
- Disc Duel A $130 million gamble. // Time;2/19/1979, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p51
A preview of videodisc from Magnavox Electronic Systems Co. and RCA Corp. is presented.
- Hughes snares Magnavox. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/18/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p68
Discusses the advantages expected by GM Hughes Electronics Corp. from its acquisition of Magnavox Electronic Systems Company. Increased market access; Details of the transaction.
- Certification is imminent for digital airborne phone. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;May94, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p22
Reports on Magnavox Electronic Systems and GTE Airfone's imminent obtaining of initial supplemental type certificates for installation of the MagnaStar two-channel digital airborne telephone system in corporate jet models. Selection of DAC International as sole distributor of MagnaStar;...
- Carlyle Group poised to buy Magnavox. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/2/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the Carlyle Group acquisition of the Magnavox Electronic Systems Co. Details of the agreement with Philips Electronics North America Corp; Continuance of the Magnavox operation as a stand-alone company.
- Mark your target--objects in the field. L.R. // PC Week;10/16/95, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p24
Reports that the US Army is building an automated field artillery tactical data system (AFATDS) which will manage the fire support assets available to commanders. Magnavox Electronic System Co.'s receiving of $150 million worth of AFATDS contract.
- Hughes unit to acquire Magnavox. // Electronic News (10616624);9/18/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2083, p28
Declares that General Motor's Hughes Electronics Corp. said that its Hughes Aircraft Co. subsidiary will purchase Magnavox Electronic Systems Co. from The Carlyle Group L.P. Magnavox's and Hughes Aircraft's specialties; Details of the acquisition.
- Spitfire. // Army Communicator;Fall96, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the completion of the first-article testing of the the United States Amry's AN/PSC-5 Spitfire by the manufacturer, Magnavox Electronic Systems Company in 1996.