Analysis/ Why is the United States going to war?
- Israel's Last Tango in Washington: Will the U.S. Attack Iraq? Killgore, Andrew I. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
Alleges an Israeli initiative to incite a war between the U.S. and Iraq. Israeli oppression of Palestine; Comparison between Israeli and Arab population in Palestine; Hostility of U.S. public opinion to Israel.
- People do not want war on Iraq. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;2/6/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p6
Reports that people in the U.S. are opposed to their country going to war with Iraq as of February 2003. Factors contributing to the opposition; Opposition of Blacks and Latinos in New York to a war; World leaders who have criticized the U.S. government for its intention of going to war with Iraq.
- War and the Uneven Strain. Frederickson, H. George // PA Times;Feb2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the uneven strain posed by the impending war of the U.S. against Iraq on the citizenry. Demographics of the U.S. military enlistment; Government agencies involved in war preparation; Ways of counteracting the strain of a possible war.
- PEOPLE GET READY. Strupp, Joe // Editor & Publisher;11/4/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 40, p12
Focuses on the plans of newspaper 'The Atlanta Journal-Constitution' regarding the coverage of expected war between Iraq and the U.S. War reporting history of the newspaper; Cost of the war coverage for the newspaper; Arrangements to be made for the reporters destined for overseas duty.
- Another Shot in the Foot. Reese, Charley // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;May2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
Comments on the motives of a U.S. assault on Iraq. Absence of totalitarian governments in the Middle East; Concerns of Arab countries to the support of the U.S. on Israeli aggression in Palestine; Threat of support to the security of the U.S.
- Wave of success. Bailey, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/13/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6337, p6
Introduces articles in the August 13, 2002 issue of 'The Bulletin' periodical. Surfing in Australia; Plans for a U.S. invasion in Iraq; Employment of film reviewer Craig Mathieson in the staff of the periodical.
- Hard grain. Hoy, Anthony // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/13/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6337, p26
Reports the impact of a U.S.-led invasion on Iraq to the wheat export trade of Australia to Iraq. Impact of the no-fly zone of U.S. and British warplanes to the trade; Requirement of an HIV test or a health certificate; Trading between the Australian Wheat Board and Iraq.
- Averting war. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);04/06/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 14, p8F
Presents readers' letters in response to the March 2, 1998 `Newsweek' cover story about the possibility of war with Iraq. Criticism of United States policy in the Middle East and of the sanctions against Iraq.
- No cause. Varma, S.; Jimenez Hernandez, Felipe // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);04/06/98 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 131 Issue 14, p8F
Presents readers' letters in response to `Cheers and Jeers' in the March 2, 1998 issue of `Newsweek.' Kofi Annan's role as savior of the United States; The too-high price of United States interests in the Middle East.