Netherlands takes legal action against Russia over Greenpeace activists
- A Homily in Three Parts: Encountering Grace in the Courtroom. Speltz, Kara // Whosoever;Mar/Apr2003, pN.PAG
Presents an article on the experiences of a Christian activist in facing trial for protest actions. Role of God's grace in the outcome of the trial; Impact of the presence of supporters in the courtroom.
- Nuclear row rumbles on as consultation branded a sham. // Professional Engineering;10/3/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p11
The article reports on environmentalists' plan to pursue legal actions against the establishment of nuclear power stations in Great Britain. The public consultation conducted by the government revealed that most people encourage the development of nuclear power plants in the country. However,...
- AM I MY CLIENT?: THE ROLE CONFUSION OF A LAWYER ACTIVIST. Polikoff, Nancy D. // Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review;Summer96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p443
The article focuses on the author's representation of lesbian and gay activists. The author is a lesbian activist. He supports variety of activities designed to change the fundamental way in which American society views homosexuality. Some of this work entails changing the law, especially in the...
- Money Business: No standing activists. // ABA Journal;Jul90, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p85
Reports on the postponement of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit court procedure due to animal right activists who are upset about the imminent euthanasia of laboratory monkeys. Arrest of director Edward Taub of the National Institutes of Health; Lawsuit filed against animal rights...
- Acting Out. Karlan, Pamela S. // Boston Review;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p10
This article focuses on the political views of the politicians regarding some constitutional issues in the U.S. It highlights the judicial activism in the judicial processes which was first shown by Justice Owen Roberts, responding to critics who complained that the Court was overriding...
- Legal expenses against stock brokers allocated. // Practical Accountant;Oct97, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
Gives information on the lawsuit between Dye against a stock brokerage firm. Reasons for the suit; Challenges put forward by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- ERISA damages not excludable. // Practical Accountant;Oct97, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
Provides information on the damages awarded from a lawsuit between a former employee and the employer of the ERISA.
- Caveat. // Reporter;Mar91, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Presents information pertaining to law, discussing the Manual for Courts-Martial and the type of information a staff judge advocate's recommendation should contain. Problems associated with irrelevant information; Release of three decisions addressing the problems of delays by post trial...
- CHAPTER 57. LIST OF PROCEDURAL DOCUMENT FORMS. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p85
Presents the list of procedural document forms in Russia.