- It's not us, it's all those other people. // Chain Reaction;Spring2001, Issue 86, p3
Reports on a speech of United States (U.S.) Vice President Richard Cheney at the Energy Efficiency Forum regarding the decision of the government to reject the 1997 Kyoto protocol. Amount of greenhouse gasses generated by the U.S..
- Industry Deserves Credit for Conserving Energy. Krukowski, John // Pollution Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p7
Comments on the energy policy unveiled by United States Vice-President Dick Cheney. Benefits of energy conservation; Elaboration on the negative effects of the policy unveiled by the vice-president; Impact of the policy on the environment.
- Bush Administration Policy. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6/7, p170
Presents the speech of United States Vice President Richard Cheney before the Associated Press in Toronto, Ontario, on April 30, 2001 offering a preview of the administration's energy policy. Principles of the energy strategy goals of the Bush administration; Domestic energy needs;...
- Getting the Ear Of Dick Cheney. Weisskopf, Michael; Zagorin, Adam // Time International (South Pacific Edition);2/11/2002, Issue 5, p10
Reports on the response of United States Vice President Dick Cheney to the Enron Corp. scandal. His refusal to grant information to the U.S. General Accounting Office on meetings held by his energy task force; Criticism that he is trying to conceal the links that the administration of U.S....
- Charting America's Energy Plan. Timmerman, Kenneth R. // Insight on the News;06/11/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p10
Presents information on the national energy plan proposed by the United States Energy Task Force headed by Vice President Richard Cheney. Provisions of the plan; Advantages of the plan for oil companies; Criticisms from Democrats and environmentalists on the plan; Threats posed by an energy...
- Energy the old fashioned way. // Power Economics;May2001, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p12
Discusses United States vice president Dick Cheney and his cabinet-level task force's energy recommendations. Focus of the proposed policy on traditional energy sources like fossil fuels, hydro and nuclear; Overview on the energy crisis in the U.S.; Cheney's claim that building more energy...
- Energy Use an AHAM Priority. McGuire, Joseph M. // Appliance Manufacturer;Aug2001, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the National Energy Plan of United States Vice-president Dick Cheney. Stance of the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) on the matter; Steps in dealing with the impact of energy issues.
- Federal Task Force Works to Issue New National Energy Policy Later This Month. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/7/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the statement issued by United States Vice President Dick Cheney about the energy crisis in the country as of May 7, 2001. Estimated growth in the demand for natural gas; Projected increase in the demand for electricity; Number of power plants needed to satisfy the demand for...
- Cheney being stubborn abnd pig-headed. Connor, Richard // Fort Worth Business Press;2/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p39
Comments on the move of U.S. president George W. Bush and vice president Dick Cheney to force a showdown with Congress and the General Accounting Office, over the list of those who met with Cheney and his energy task force as the administration sought advice on formulation of its energy policy. ...