STIMULUS PLAN COULD HELP OWNER-OPERATORS
- MERCY FROM THE TAXMAN. Heine, Max // Overdrive;Feb2003, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the difficulties of truck operators in keeping income tax bills in California. Use of Tax Clearance Center to help brokers deal with the Internal Revenue Service; Assessment of the critical aspect of obligations of tax filers; Cost associated with the Offers in Compromise for truck...
- Dollars & sense. // Overdrive;Jul99, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p23
Provides information on the effect of hiring own children in trucking business on income taxes in the United States. Criteria for exemption in paying payroll taxes; Importance in keeping a record on work and payment of own children; Advice on payment rate; Values gain by children in working;...
- THIS TAX BREAK HAS A PRICE. // Overdrive;Dec2001, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p17
Focuses on the need for trucking owner-operators to examine their taxable income in the United States. Consideration of Section 179 deduction for equipment; Dependence of income on the tax bracket; Deferral of tax savings.
- GET PAID TO PLAY. // Overdrive;Jun2001, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p26
Provides tips on using income tax deductions for vacation trips among truck drivers in the United States. Cost effectiveness of transportation and hotel fees; Role of spouses in tax deductions; Need of professional consultation for laundry items.
- Tax cuts --- but for whom? Simonson, Ken // Fleet Owner;Feb2003, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the impact of income tax deductions on the U.S. trucking industry. Improvement of dividend paying among companies; Adoption of a legal form of business organization; Features of the House Democratic proposal.
- Pay now, file later. Johnson, Sage // Overdrive;Apr99, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p30
Provides guidelines for truckers in applying for tax filing extension in the United States. Flexibility of the tax filing deadline; Relevance of Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File US Individual Income Tax Return; Importance of documentations in taxation; Options in...
- GOVERNMENT. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/31/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the government in Utah which include the increase of personal exemption and standard deductions for tax brackets, the Awards of Excellence received by the Department of Workforce Services, and the 19 natural gas trucks released by the Waste Management.
- Lorry drivers' meal costs relief. // Accountancy;Jan1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1049, p13
Focuses on a British Statement of Practice (SP) which stated that Lorry drivers who engaged full time in travelling may claim a deduction for extra expenses on meals while away from their homes and depots. Aspects of SP 16/80 'Lorry Drivers: Relief for Expenditure on Meals'; Amount of relief...
- understanding taxes. // Overdrive;May2005, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p52
The article focuses on issues related to the taxation of truck owners-operators in the U.S. The law provides for certain adjustments, or subtractions, that leave a trucker with an adjusted gross income. This is the first reduction in the amount on which he is taxed. Automatic adjustments,...