Republicans all in: government shutdown by Repubicans virtually certain
- JOURNAL ASKS DOCTORS TO SPEAK OUT ON ACA, SHUTDOWN. // Medical Economics;10/25/2013, Vol. 90 Issue 20, p13
The article reports on the move by the "New England Journal of Medicine" as of October 2013 to ask the opinions of physicians over the U.S. federal government shutdown and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Morning Must Reads: October 9. Rhodan, Maya // Time.com;10/15/2013, p1
The article offers quotes from articles in the October 9, 2013 issue of "Time" magazine's website on topics including the implementation of the U.S. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), the 2013 U.S. government shutdown, and the impact of the government shutdown on the U.S....
- Jobs to lose out in battle of Capitol Hill. Kefauver, Joe // Nation's Restaurant News;10/21/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p11
The article focuses on the impact of the U.S. government shutdown to the national restaurant industry, which was caused by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) that is expected to be another burden to the entry-level workers across the nation.
- Republicans again drive against healthcare law. Baker, Sam // Hill;9/9/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 98, p26
The article reports on the effort of the U.S. House Republican (GOP) members to stop the Affordable Care Act or ObamaCare wherein some members threaten a government shutdown.
- 'Obamacare' sign ups begin amid government shutdown. Trice Edney, Hazel // Michigan Citizen;10/6/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 48, pA9
The article reports that the Obamacare or the Affordable Health Care Act (ACA), encouraged by President Barack Obama, became law despite government shutdown in the U.S.
- Mama Knows Best. // Liberty Press;Nov2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
The article offers the author's insights regarding the U.S. government shutdown over Obama-care.
- Government shutdown over Obamacare? // La Prensa San Diego;9/27/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p6
The article discusses the possibility of a government shutdown in the U.S. amidst the debate over the approval of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- First U.S. shutdown in 17 years at midnight seen probable. Tiron, Roxana; Hunter, Kathleen; Bender, Michael C. // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;9/30/2013, p1
The article informs about the first shutdown in the US in 17 years owing to a standoff between Republicans and Democrats in Congress to delay President Barack Obamas Affordable Care Act by a year.
- Republicans split on efforts to defund the ACA. Jamrisko, Michelle // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;8/5/2013, p1
The article reports that U.S. Republican senators including Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio and Mike Lee have decided to force a government shutdown if funding continues for the Affordable Care Act.
- Obamacare Exchanges Roll Out With Questions Aplenty: Health Q&A. Nussbaum, Alex // Healthdatamanagement.com;9/30/2013, p1
The article focuses on the controversies in the roll out of Obamacare insurance exchanges unnder the Affordable Care Act in which it threatened U.S. government shutdown and growing list of technical glitches.