NAHB Fears Stimulus Plan's Long-Term Impact Might Hurt Housing
- Memorandum on the United States Contribution to the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/22/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p1219
Presents a memorandum issued by U.S. President George W. Bush for the U.S. Secretary of State on September 14, 2003. Amount of funds that will be given for assistance to the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization for administrative purposes.
- President Bush on AIDS: More Question Than Answers. // AIDS Treatment News;6/25/2004, Issue 402, p5
Comments on United States President George W. Bush's speech about AIDS. Funding for drugs used to treat HIV/AIDS patients; Support for the reauthorization of the Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act; AIDS funding in Vietnam.
- House GOP Leader Says 'Faith-Based' Initiative Has 'Gone Political'. // Church & State;May2006, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the opinion of U.S. Representative Mark Souder, Republican from Indiana, regarding the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. He opined that "faith-based" initiative of the administration has "gone political." He also opined that federal grants have gone to the...
- White House Offers 1.1% Hike in State, Local Grants. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32562, p29
The article reports on the request of the U.S. President George W. Bush administration to increase the grants of state and local governments by 1.1 percent. According to the President, the budget proposes to keep non-security discretionary spending below inflation by 2012. He added that the...
- Bush triumphant over health care. Garza, Xazmin // Las Vegas Business Press;12/1/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the November 2003 visit of U.S. President George W. Bush to Las Vegas, Nevada. Speech by Bush before medical care industry representatives; Background on the Medicare reforms proposed by Bush; Legislation approved by the U.S. Congress seeking to provide prescription benefits for seniors.
- 84 percent say...go Bush. Thompson, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;2/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p38
Discusses public support to U.S. president George W. Bush and his policies. Public approval of his wartime leadership; Ratings to Bush's handling of economy; Approval ratings on the environment and Social Security; Threats to Bush's popularity.
- An index of leading Bush indicators. Carpenter, Dale // Bay Area Reporter;1/25/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p10
Discusses indicators of the performance of U.S. President George W. Bush. Executive orders; Administration appointments; Military policy.
- The President? Go Figure. Carter, Graydon // Vanity Fair;Dec2003, Issue 520, p58
Presents various statistics that serve to illustrate and evaluate the performance of U.S. President George W. Bush as of December 2003. Achievements in armed forces department; Military relations with other countries; Fiscal management; Relationship with the mass media; Public lands opened to...
- Bush Vetoes Education Bill. // Electronic Education Report;11/30/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p6
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush has disapproved the 2008 spending appropriation for education, health and labor programs passed by the Congress on November 13, 2007. It is stated that the Congress voted to provide $63.6 billion for the U.S. Department of Education, an 8...
- Smarm and the country. Healy, Bernadine // U.S. News & World Report;2/2/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p55
Discusses how the Traditional Values Coalition has accused the National Institute of Health of inappropriately funding smarmy sex grants. Reference to sexual-behavior research in the State of the Union address by U.S. President George W. Bush; How the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention...