- Don't make plans for camp. Davies, Gary; Byfield, Mike // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/20/97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p38
Discusses the experiments with year-round education in a dozen Calgary schools. The impetus for the idea being year-round, multi-track schooling program in the American South; The first year-round school in Calgary, Terry Fox Junior High School; Various versions of the multi-track program;...
- Year-round schools: What do they mean for parks and recreation. Tice, R. Dean // Parks & Recreation;Nov93, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the possible ramifications of year-long schooling on parks and recreation agencies. Parks and recreation services under the domain of school budgets; Loss of potential funding for local parks and recreation departments; Difficulty in recruiting seasonal employees; Effect on...
- Should the U.S. have year-round schools? // Junior Scholastic;09/06/96, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p9
Offers a look at the suggestion of having year-round schools in the United States. Benefits of year-round schools to children and teachers; Indepth look at arguments for year-round schools; Views of education experts on this development.
- Learning that lasts year-round. // NEA Today;Mar97, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on the year-round schedule of McKinley Elementary School in Dayton, Ohio. Information about the schedule at McKinley; Number of schools in United States who adopted the year-round schedule; Benefits given by the schedule to students and teachers.
- Year-round schools. Whittington, Hayley // Creative Kids;Winter97/98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
Opinion. Criticizes the idea of year-round schools. Why children would not like year-round schools; Importance of summer to children.
- Year-round offers solutions and challenges. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Sep93, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p10
Editorial. Stresses the importance of year-round education. Consideration of the concept of year-round education; Pros and cons of the concept; Stress on the importance of air conditioning to a program's overall success.
- Stretching the school calendar. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Sep93, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the concept of year-round education. Renewed interest on year-round education; Multitrack versus single-track schedules; Year-round versus extended-year schooling; Problems posed by the concept; Impact on school facilities; Survey by the National Association of Year-Round Education;...
- Year-round School. // Scholastic Action;5/6/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p4
Presents a debate over a plan to stop summer vacation in favor of year-round school in the U.S.
- Districts That School Year-Round. McGlynn, Ann // School Administrator;Mar2002, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the benefits of implementing a year-round calendar in schools. Proponents and opponents of the year-round movement; Stories of districts that decided to place schools on a year-round plan; Sample calendar for the school year, provided by the National Association for Year-Round Education.