Focus on bullies
- Front-line fury about `integration.' Hatton, Joanne // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p24
Discusses the legally, politically and financially volatile issue of integrating `special needs' students into regular classrooms in Alberta, Canada. Alberta Teachers' Association's (ATA); Difficulty with the term `special needs'; Resentment among some teachers; Parents' views; Funding; More. ...
- For some, e-mail becoming a form of harassment. // Black Issues in Higher Education;01/22/98, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p8
Offers a look at electronic crimes which are committed by university students. Information on a survey by Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI); Reference to downloading of pornographic material by students; Details on Supreme Court rulings which has compounded the problem of electronic harassment.
- How college freshmen rate. // Black Enterprise;Sep90, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p45
Presents highlights of a recent survey on how college freshmen rate themselves. Compares overall results with those of freshmen at black colleges.
- Improving the assessment of Georgia students. // Education;Fall/Winter92, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p108
Examines changes in student assessment in Georgia. Blaming Georgia Criterion Referenced Tests (CRT) for test-driven curriculum; Quality basic education (QBE) law; New program of test administration; Need for authentic or performance testing in relation to local curriculum goals and objectives;...
- Student adventure blends travel with education. Gladue, Yvonne Irene // Alberta Sweetgrass;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p4
Describes experiences of the Keyano College, Fort Chipewyan campus students during their visit to sites of interests in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Mastery of geometry is key to black students' being accepted by college: Study. // Jet;10/15/90, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p24
No abstract available.
- Judge rules black student should share valedictorian honor with white classmate. // Jet;6/24/91, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p23
Reports on the ruling by a federal judge that two seniors, one black and the other white, should share the title of valedictorian at Newton County (Ga.) High School, where racial tensions are high. Reasons for dispute; Black student's comments.
- State policies for assessing student outcomes. Aper, J.P.; Hinkle, D.E. // Journal of Higher Education;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p539
Presents a study that tried to trace the development of the state of Virginia's policy for assessment of student learning and educational outcomes; to determine the intentions and expectations of Virginia policy makers with regard to assessment policy; and to explain the implications of Virginia...
- Adult students. Snyder, Brenda // Liberal Education;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on adult students. Student needs; Orientation issues; Curriculum concerns; Quality of instruction.