- Dividends Rise But Seen Slowing. JUAN CARLOS ARANCIBIA // Investors Business Daily;12/22/2014, pB15
Dividends continue to rise, but the pace of payout growth may slow, a new report says.
- Baltimore Gas & Electric. Sparks, Debra // FW;8/1/95, Vol. 164 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the reaction of financial analysts on the rumored merger between Baltimore Gas & Electric and Potomac Electric. Slow growth rate of the electricity market; Baltimore's non-dependence on industrial customers; Payout ratios.
- Does a Dividend Ratchet Effect Exist at the Firm Level? Wann, Christi R.; Jones, Jeffrey S. // Banking & Finance Review;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p91
The "ratchet effect" refers to the notion that firms are slow to cut dividends, and will only increase dividends when future earnings are expected to be high enough to permanently support a higher dividend in the future. An implication of the ratchet effect is that firms strive toward mamtaining...
- Does a Dividend Ratchet Effect Exist at the Firm Level? Wann, Christi R.; Jones, Jeffrey S. // Banking & Finance Review;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1/2, p91
The "ratchet effect" refers to the notion that firms are slow to cut dividends, and will only increase dividends when future earnings are expected to be high enough to permanently support a higher dividend in the future. An implication of the ratchet effect is that firms strive toward...
- FTSE 250 dividend growth outpaces FTSE 100 in 'stagnant' Q3. Macdonald, Sam // Fundweb;10/20/2014, p11
The article reports that Financial Times and the London Stock Exchange (FTSE) 100 was outpaced by FTSE 250 in dividend growth, with 0.2 per cent year on year increase in FTSE 100 payouts and 2.9 per cent decline in dividends, due to weak earnings, strength of the pound, and slow global economy.
- Lockheed Martin Boosts Profits As Sales Dip In Third Quarter. // Defense Daily International;10/24/2013, p4
The article focuses on the third quarter report of the defense products manufacturer Lockheed Martin (LMT). According to the report, sales of the company have decreased by four percent whereas its net income has increased by 20 percent. It further mentions that sales of the company have...
- Manufacturing Slows While Construction Picks Up. CIARAN McEVOY // Investors Business Daily;10/1/2015, p00
Manufacturing growth slows
- what if they just keep coming? Daniel, Pam // Sarasota Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p27
The author examines the possible impact of hurricanes on Florida's growth. The article cites demographers' claim that hurricanes have not slowed the economic growth of the state. However, private insurers are starting to leave the state which means that homeowners are using the state-funded...
- Lockheed Martin Increases Profits Despite Drop In Sales. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/24/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on the four-percent growth in the net income of Lockheed Martin.
- Lockheed Martin LMT. Peters, Josh; Daka, Anil // Morningstar DividendInvestor;Jan2011, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p18
The article offers information on the financial performance for Lockheed Martin. It states that Lockheed Martin has been considered as the leading manufacturer of aerospace products as presented by the F-35 aircraft program worth one trillion dollars. It mentions that Lockheed Martin was...