- The Terminator. Hundley, Drew // Teen Ink;Jan2016, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p11
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being bullied in school for being overweight.
- Preventing Bullying at Your School. Bratsis, Michael E. // Science Teacher;Sep2013, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p80
The article discusses research on school bullying, including bullying of LGBT youth, children with food allergies, and overweight children, and presents suggestions for anti-bullying classroom surveys. Verbal and physical bullying are mentioned, as well as the effect of bystanders on bullying...
- Youth Targets Bullying: LaNiyah Bailey. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;8/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 30, p2
The article focuses on the anti-bullying advocacy of LaNiyah Bailey, a second grader and author of the book "Not Fat Because I Wanne Be." It highlights the experience of Bailey when she was four-year-old who experienced bullying because of her weight. It indicates that Bailey and her book...
- I did 6000 SIT-UPS A DAY to stay thin. Henderson, Keeley // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);8/20/2007, Vol. 59 Issue 34, p36
The author relates her experiences of becoming anorexic. She always had a weight problem as a child. She reveals that she was not aware of her larger size until she found herself being teased by a classmate when she was eight. She relates that she would lie to her parents about what she had...
- Parental support for policy measures and school-based efforts to address weight-based victimization of overweight youth. Puhl, R M; Luedicke, J // International Journal of Obesity;Apr2014, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p531
Background:Despite research documenting weight-based victimization (WBV) toward overweight youth in the school setting, little work has examined parental perceptions of this problem or potential policy strategies to help protect youth who are teased and bullied about their weight. This study...
- Bullies Are Everyone's Problem. Adams, Jim // Junior Scholastic;10/4/2002, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p6
Discusses about the problem of bullying in various schools in the United States.
- HOW TO STOP A BULLY. Waugh, Rachel // Junior Scholastic;9/3/2007, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the practice of bullying in schools in the U.S.
- Gay teen settles in bullying lawsuit. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;4/8/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that an out-of-court settlement has been reached by a gay teen victim of anti-gay bullying and harassment in New York on March 29, 2010.
- Anti-bullying march in Howell April 9. // Between the Lines (10807551);4/7/2011, Issue 1914, p6
The article reports on the move of the Michigan School Tolerance Campaign and the Michigan Democratic LGBT Caucus in holding a march to end bullying in schools in Howell, Michigan on April 9, 2011.