Smithsonian Celebrates Petersburg
- Note On The Cover Artist. Ware, Robert // British Journal of Aesthetics;Jul2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p331
The author talks about his art education and on his interpretation of cities in photographic art.
- Little Town on the Prairie. Dingus, Anne // Texas Monthly;Jun2003, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p90
Describes the town of Albany in Texas. Amenities and population of the town; Performance venues in the area; Private grant provided by the town for high school students to have a full-time art teacher.
- WARM and COOL CITY SCAPES. Jubelirer, Shelly // Arts & Activities;Dec2012, Vol. 152 Issue 4, p28
The article presents a lesson plan for elementary education which teaches concepts about warm and cool colors in art by painting cityscapes.
- A GLORIOUS CENTURY OF ART EDUCATION. Dobbs, Stephen Mark // Art Education;Jan76, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p13
The article discusses the account of the San Francisco Art Institute as an epitome of all histories of American institutions of art located in San Francisco, California. According to the author, the institute symbolizes the forces that have made San Francisco a city of more than ordinary...
- CONVENTION REPORTS. Howell, Alfred // Art Education;Jan/Feb52, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p15
The article discusses the highlights of a meeting aimed at studying the art education programs in cities across the U.S. An overview of the speculation made by meeting participants regarding the psychological factors that should determine art education programs is presented. The characteristics...
- Saul Steinberg REVISITED. Osterer, Irv // Arts & Activities;Mar2005, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on an art project done by the junior graphic design class of Merivale High School in Nepean, Ontario, based on Saul Steinberg's illustration published in "The New Yorker," which provided a bird's-eye view of Manhattan, New York City as the center of the world. Creation of a visual plan...
- Urbanism and Art Education in the USA. McFee, June King // Art Education;Jun69, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the concept of art education in the U.S. It highlights the idea of incorporating urban aesthetics to education. It is stated that several states across the country such as Illinois, Florida and Montana have been concerned with environmental issues associated in art...
- black inner city child art: a phantom concept? Armstrong, Carmen // Art Education;May70, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
The article presents the findings from reliable research in art and various experimental programs that pertain to inner city black people in the U.S. According to a summary of findings of many discerning comments, the black artist is unknown in the black community and the visual arts like...
- The City As Metaphor for Integrated Learning in the Arts. Efland, Arthur // Studies in Art Education;Spring2000, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p276
The article focuses on integrated learning in the arts. The author, in presenting integrated learning in the arts, posed that he adopted Christopher Alexander's contention on lattice metaphor. In this consideration, Alexander presented well-structured character of "planned cities" as "trees"...