RelaciÃ³n entre el consumo de sacarosa y cÃ¡ncer: una revisiÃ³n de la evidencia
- disaccharide. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p236
An encyclopedia entry for "disaccharide" is presented. It is a carbohydrate consisting of two linked monosaccharide units. Lactose, maltose and sucrose are all described as disaccharide.
- Consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages increased endometrial cancer risk. // Hem/Onc Today;1/25/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p45
The article discusses a study led by Maki Inoue-Choi, published in a 2013 issue of the journal "Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention," on the relationship between higher intake of sugar-sweetened beverages and increased risk for endometrial cancer in postmenopausal women.
- Optimization of Culture Conditions for Bacterial Cellulose Production by Acetobacter sp. 4B-2. Pouramezan, G. Z.; Roayaei, A. M.; Qezelbash, Q. R. // Biotechnology;2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p150
One of the bacterial cellulose (BC) application problems in industry is its low productivity. So, the researchers have tried to increase the productivity of bacterial cellulose using various biochemical. In this study, production of BC using Acetobacter sp. 4B-2 by two categories of carbon...
- fructose. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p258
The article presents information on fructose. The drug is a simple sugar (a monosaccharide). Fructose and make up the disaccharide sucrose when chemically combined, which is the sugar found naturally in cane sugar and sugar-beet and is a major source of carbohydrate and energy. In the body,...
- disaccharide:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p131
A definition of the term "disaccharide," which refers to a group of carbohydrates such as sucrose that yield monosaccharides on hydrolysis, is presented.
- Una visiÃ³n global, actualizada y crÃtica del papel del azÃºcar en nuestra alimentaciÃ³n. Gómez Candela, Carmen; Palma Milla, Samara // Nutricion Hospitalaria;jul2013 suplemento 4, Vol. 28, p1
No abstract available.
- Sweet Talk for Sugar Daddies. BURRELL, SUSIE // Bicycling Australia;May/Jun2013, Issue 181, p104
The article offers information on the composition and risks associated with the intake of sugar by human beings. It mentions that sugar is chemical molecule which is formed by the addition of two individual sugar including glucose and fructose and mentions that these two are joined to form...
- A novel trehalose synthesizing pathway in the hyperthermophilic Crenarchaeon Thermoproteus tenax: the unidirectional TreT pathway. Kouril, Theresa; Zaparty, Melanie; Marrero, Jeannette; Brinkmann, Henner; Siebers, Bettina // Archives of Microbiology;Sep2008, Vol. 190 Issue 3, p355
In the genome of the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermoproteus tenax a gene ( treS/P) encoding a protein with similarity to annotated trehalose phosphorylase (TreP), trehalose synthase (TreS) and more recently characterized trehalose glycosyltransferring synthase (TreT) was identified. The treS/P...
- disaccharidase. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p661
A definition of the term "disaccharidase" which refers to a group of enzymes that split disaccharides into monosaccharides is presented.