Sex Education for primary school children
- Parents to teens: `Let's talk' about sex. // Nation's Health;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p6
Talks about the Let's Talk Month, a campaign in North Carolina that encourages parents to talk to their teenage children about sex. Coordinator and focus of the campaign; State official who endorsed the campaign.
- communityfocus: Talking To Your Child about Sex. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;9/5/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 31, p2
The article discusses the importance of discussion between parents and children about sex and relationships.
- Dispatch: SURVEYS AND STUDIES. // Advocate;1/25/79, Issue 259, p15
Reports on a study conducted by researchers on the reluctance of parents to discuss sexual matters with their children. Reasons behind their reluctance.
- Boys, girls & sex in the nineties. Klass, Perri // Redbook;Mar94, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p150
Presents guidelines to parents on educating their children about sex. Importance of starting the teaching while the children are young; Children's learning of values from watching parents; Parental obligation to provide complete information on conception, contraception and sexual consequences;...
- communityfocus: Talking To Your Child about Sex. Sardin, Thelma // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;9/5/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p2
The article discusses the aspects for parents to consider when having conversation about sex with kids during the early childhood stage such as focusing the conversation on both sex and relationships, helping the kids understand their bodies, and using teaching moments.
- Katy Perry Hot, Parents Not Cool. Windish, Joe // Moderate Voice;9/26/2010, p4
Several blogs regarding parent & child relationship including a blog on Sesame Street's parodies and celebrity segments, another on Dutch parents' normalization of teenage sex and a blog on talking with kids about sex.
- Someone You Know Is Having a Tough Time Talking to Their Children Aboutâ€¦um, Stuff. Dreyer, Jennifer // La Prensa San Diego;10/28/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p4
The article discusses the difficult times which the parents face while giving sex education to their children and also focuses on the importance of a better interpersonal communication between the family members.
- The Growing Years: 3-4 years. // Australia's Parents;Jun/Jul99, Issue 111, p60
Presents ideas on how to teach children about love, sex and relationships. Importance of sex education to children; Pointers for parents in teaching their children about sexuality; Important component of sexuality education.
- "Is that really what happens?". // Parenting School Years;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p36
The article offers suggestions on how to do damage control when a child finds out about sex and other bodily changes from a friend ahead of a parent which includes asking him what it was that his friend told him and correcting any inaccurate information he heard, explain the reproductive system...