A new deal for bank bailouts
- Eurozone finance ministers fail to reach deal on Greek bailout. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;11/21/2012, p22
The article reports that the finance ministers in Eurozone have failed to reach a deal to allow Greece to receive the tranche of its bailout.
- Five years after the greatest financial crash in history, the banks are still creating chaos. Martin, Felix // New Statesman;3/29/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5151/5152, p21
The author, a macroeconomist, discusses the political and economics effects of banking industries on countries such as Cyprus and Great Britain. Investment in Greek bonds in 2012, Iceland's bankruptcy policies for failing banks, and bank bailouts funded by taxes are discussed, as well as the...
- Eurozone finance ministers fail to reach deal on Greek bailout. Salih, Chris // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);11/21/2012, p7
The article reports on the failure of Eurozone finance ministers to reach a deal to allow Greece to receive the next tranche of its bailout.
- Europe to agree deal on closing failing banks by year-end. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;12/10/2013, p20
The article reports that eurozone finance ministers are attempting to reach an agreement on how Europe's failing banks should be wound up. Eurozone finance ministers are making efforts to smooth out differences of opinion on this issue between Europe's leading economies. Germany is currently...
- EZB-Stellungnahme zum einheitlichen Abwicklungsmechanismus. // Risiko Manager;2013, Issue 24, p5
The article discusses the European Central Bank's support of the Single Resolution Mechanism of supervising European banks and offers further information on the mechanism at www.ecb.europa.eu.
- EXPLORING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BANK PROFITABILITY AND STATE INTERVENTION POLICIES IN EUROPEAN BANKING SECTOR. TRENCA, Ioan; PETRIA, Nicolae; LUDUŞAN, Emilia-Anuta // Revista Economica;2015, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p104
Banking crisis, as well as the interventionist assistance of governments to stabilize their economies have generated controversies among the experts in the field. The purpose of this article is to determine the impact of rescue measures on bank profitability. For this purpose we developed a...
- Herausforderung LiquiditÃ¤tsregeln. // Die Bank;mar2012, Issue 3, p53
The article discusses the requirements set forth by the EuropÃ¤ischen Bankenaufsicht (European Bank Oversight, EBA) from 2012 onwards in light of Basel III (the proposed Third Basel Accord on Bank Capital).
- Cyprus proposes to exempt savers with â‚¬20,000 or less from levy. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;3/19/2013, p13
The article reports on a new proposal by the Cyprus finance ministry that will exempt bank depositors with savings less from a levy. It states that the levy is a part of a condition that will enable Cyprus to receive a loan from the European Union (EU) and International Monetary Fund (IMF). It...
- Eurozone bailout funds lifted to $700bn. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;3/30/2012, p6
The article informs that finance ministers of the Eurozone have agreed to provide 500 billion dollar as rescue fund to comabt the ongoing debt crisis. It has been stated that the Economic and Financial Affairs Council has stated that the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) will start working in...