Stars tackle karting challenge
- HEAD OF EVENTS. // Event;Nov/Dec2009, p15
An interview with Louise Smith, head of events at the Willow Foundation, is presented. She states that the challenge in working in charity events is to develop programs that increase the revenue stream. She relates that the organization intends to host a pedal kart Grand Prix event in 2010. She...
- STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. Furia, Emily // Bicycling;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p20
Presents information on the experiences of the BikeTown participants in Charlotte, North Carolina in participating in the 24 Hours of Booty, a non-competitive road ride benefiting the Brain Tumor Fund for the Carolinas and the Lance Armstrong Foundation.
- MOAB CENTURY. Hurwitz, Jake // Bicycling;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p44
Presents information on the experience of mountain biking group Moab Century in cycling in Utah to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation.
- Oreos, Tostitos Hit the Football Field. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Nov2010, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p63
The article reports on the launch of the football-shaped Oreo cookie which is part of Kraft Foods Inc.'s "Huddle to Fight Hunger" campaign that helps provide 500,000 meals to the Chicago, Illinois-based hunger-relief charity Feeding America.
- The zoo, Cinco de Mayo and golf tied together in charity. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/18/2003, Issue 323074, p24
Comments on the organization of the 40th Cinco de Mayo Golf Tournament in Fresno, California. Success of the charity sports event; Aid to the operation of the Chaffee Zoo; Financial resources to purchase medical equipment.
- From sea to shining sea. // Estates Gazette;8/7/2010, Issue 1031, p76
The article reports on the completion of a cross-country bicycle ride by 12 staff members from Ask Developments in July 2010 from Whitehaven to Sunderland, England to raise 7,500 pounds for charity.
- North East cycling team go the full distance. // Estates Gazette;8/7/2010, Issue 1031, p76
The article reports on the efforts of the North East cycling team led by Bob Fletcher of Sanderson Weatherall and David Furniss of BNP Paribas Real Estate to ride 1,004 miles from Land's End, England to John O'Groats, Scotland over 10 days to raise 25,000 pounds for selected charities in July 2010.
- mania. Levy, Steve // Bicycling;Nov2004, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p104
Focuses on the activities of cyclists at a charity cycling event for cancer victims.
- GIVE THE GIFT OF RIDING. // Bicycling;Mar2005, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p31
Provides information on several cycling-season charity events in the U.S. from May 21 to October 1, 2005.