- Appreciating the bargain. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;3/9/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 18, pA1
The article discusses the issues behind the Disclosure Statement and Plan of Adjustment of Detroit, Michigan Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr.
- It is an amazing accomplishment. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;7/14/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p0008
The article comments on the bankruptcy of Detroit, Michigan. Topics discussed include Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr's accomplishments, mayor Mike Duggan's understanding of the financial crisis of the city, and the view that the city has been full of corruption since the administration of...
- Orrâ€™s agenda: Cut biz red tape, revamp legacy costs, reconsider Belle Isle lease. PINHO, KIRK // Crain's Detroit Business;3/25/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p0026
The article discusses the plans of Kevyn Orr as Detroit, Michigan's emergency manager. A former bankruptcy lawyer, Orr plans to improve the city's financial footing through speeding up the license approval and permitting process. Said moves are part of Orr's goal of streamlining the business...
- EM says city's art could be liquidated. Kelly, C. // Michigan Citizen;6/2/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 30, pA1
The article reflects on the objections to emergency manager (EM) Kevyn Orr's statement regarding the possible sale of artwork collection at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA), including the works of Vincent Willen van Gogh, Auguste Rodin and Pablo Picasso, to help in paying the debt of the city.
- Michigan Gov Steps in, Names Finance Manager for Detroit. Carr, Robert // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;3/14/2013, p14
The article announces the appointment by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder of Jones Day partner Kevyn Orr as emergency financial manager for Detroit, Michigan.
- EM privatizes trash collection. Wischusen, Phreddy // Michigan Citizen;11/24/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, pA1
The article reports on the announcement made by Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr concerning the plan of the city of Detroit, Michigan to privatize residential garbage collection staring March 2014.
- Motor City Restructured or Ravaged? Detroit Under Emergency Management. Feetey, Dianne // Against the Current;May/Jun2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p4
The article announces the appointment of Kevyn Orr as Emergency Manager (EM) of the city of Detroit, Michigan by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder on March 28, 2013.
- Council says no to Orr. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;10/27/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 51, pA1
The article reports that the plan of emergency manager Kevyn Orr to acquire a lone amounting to $350 million from the Barclays Capital Investment Bank, was rejected by the city council of Detroit, Michigan through unanimous vote.
- Orr's plan ignores city's strengths, sells citizens short. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;3/2/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 17, pA1
The article reports on the Chapter 9 bankruptcy plan submitted and revealed by Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr of Detroit, Michigan, which is figured to provide inadequate city services to upgrade the residents' quality of life in the city.