- $444 Million New Red Wings Hockey Arena Still a Go in Detroit Despite Bankruptcy Filing. SHAN, JANET // Moderate Voice;7/27/2013, p1
The article reports on the construction of the $444 million hockey arena for the Red Wings team in Detroit, Michigan despite bankruptcy filing. It mentions that its advocates view it as a kind of economic development for attracting people and private investments into the city which convinced...
- Michigan Treasurer: Orr's the Right Man in Detroit. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;3/20/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33880, p5
The article informs that Andy Dillon, Treasurer of Michigan, has appreciated Kevyn Orr and said that Orr has the right personality to become an emergency manager of Detroit, Michigan.
- Toward beloved communities. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;3/24/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 20, pA1
The article offers the author's insights on the anguish of the citizens in Detroit, Michigan regarding the appointment of Kevyn Orr as emergency financial manager (EFM) of the city.
- Orrâ€™s agenda: Cut biz red tape, revamp legacy costs, reconsider Belle Isle lease. PINHO, KIRK // Crain's Detroit Business;3/25/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p0026
The article discusses the plans of Kevyn Orr as Detroit, Michigan's emergency manager. A former bankruptcy lawyer, Orr plans to improve the city's financial footing through speeding up the license approval and permitting process. Said moves are part of Orr's goal of streamlining the business...
- Moratorium NOW!: 'Make the Banks Pay'. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;5/12/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 27, pA1
The article reports on the People's Assembly led by the Moratorium NOW! Coalition in Detroit, Michigan on May 4, 2013, which urges their emergency manager (EM) Kevyn Orr to prosecute banks for their actions which results to the foreclosures in the city.
- EM says city's art could be liquidated. Kelly, C. // Michigan Citizen;6/2/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 30, pA1
The article reflects on the objections to emergency manager (EM) Kevyn Orr's statement regarding the possible sale of artwork collection at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA), including the works of Vincent Willen van Gogh, Auguste Rodin and Pablo Picasso, to help in paying the debt of the city.
- Michigan Gov Steps in, Names Finance Manager for Detroit. Carr, Robert // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;3/14/2013, p14
The article announces the appointment by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder of Jones Day partner Kevyn Orr as emergency financial manager for Detroit, Michigan.
- Detroit and the Security for Full-Faith-and-Credit GOs. STERN, ADAM // Bond Buyer;7/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33945, p5
In this article, the author discusses that emergency financial manager, Kevyn Orr of Detroit's has appealed to market that Detroit would treat its general obligation, bondholders as "unsecured" creditors and will pay them only pennies on the dollar.
- Detroit to be in 'perpetual debt'. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;9/28/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 47, pA1
The article reports that emergency manager Kevyn Orr is unaware of a major revenue source in Detroit, Michigan and will implement a plan that will track perpetual debt.