- Now itâ€™s time for all of us to get to work. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;11/17/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p0008
In the article, the author discusses the emergence of the city of Detroit in Michigan from bankruptcy as of late 2014, as well as the need to focus on economic development to continue moving forward. He cites the exemplary performances of emergency manager (EM) Kevyn Orr and city Mayor Mike...
- It is an amazing accomplishment. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;7/14/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p0008
The article comments on the bankruptcy of Detroit, Michigan. Topics discussed include Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr's accomplishments, mayor Mike Duggan's understanding of the financial crisis of the city, and the view that the city has been full of corruption since the administration of...
- Detroit and the Security for Full-Faith-and-Credit GOs. STERN, ADAM // Bond Buyer;7/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33945, p5
In this article, the author discusses that emergency financial manager, Kevyn Orr of Detroit's has appealed to market that Detroit would treat its general obligation, bondholders as "unsecured" creditors and will pay them only pennies on the dollar.
- Detroit's crisis manager defends city bankruptcy. // Hill;7/22/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 89, p5
The article focuses on the statement of Governor Rick Snyder and emergency manager Kevyn Orr of Detroit, Michigan, regarding the Detroit's bankruptcy filing.
- A city is not a factory. // Michigan Citizen;7/28/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 38, pA6
The author reflects on the ruling of the U.S. bankruptcy judge regarding the authorization to emergency manager (EM) Kevyn Orr to act in the place of local government in a bankruptcy case in Detroit, Michigan.
- Detroit's bankruptcy filing. Lee Boggs, Grace; Sparks, Larry // Michigan Citizen;7/28/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 38, pA10
The article focuses on the filing of bankruptcy in Detroit, Michigan by Emergency Manger Kevyn Orr, who acknowledges that their city is not financially practicable and must re-invent itself.
- Fact, fiction and the assault on democracy. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;8/11/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 40, pA1
The article explains the ideological context of Detroit Emergency Manager (DEM) Kevyn Orr's statement that the complacency of the residents of Detroit, Michigan is the reason for the decline of democracy and exposes it as a strategy of the elite to discredit and disrespect people.
- Learning lessons. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;8/25/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 42, pA1
The article reports on the secret deal between Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr and Michigan Governor Rick Snyder on the intent of Detroit to file for bankruptcy.
- Detroit's big maybe. Guyette, Curt // Michigan Citizen;3/2/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 17, pA1
The article offers the author's insights on the plan presented by Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr, which provides a proposed adjustment on the pensioners' cost of living allowances in the city.