- Appreciating the bargain. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;3/9/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 18, pA1
The article discusses the issues behind the Disclosure Statement and Plan of Adjustment of Detroit, Michigan Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr.
- $444 Million New Red Wings Hockey Arena Still a Go in Detroit Despite Bankruptcy Filing. SHAN, JANET // Moderate Voice;7/27/2013, p1
The article reports on the construction of the $444 million hockey arena for the Red Wings team in Detroit, Michigan despite bankruptcy filing. It mentions that its advocates view it as a kind of economic development for attracting people and private investments into the city which convinced...
- Toward beloved communities. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;3/24/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 20, pA1
The article offers the author's insights on the anguish of the citizens in Detroit, Michigan regarding the appointment of Kevyn Orr as emergency financial manager (EFM) of the city.
- Orrâ€™s agenda: Cut biz red tape, revamp legacy costs, reconsider Belle Isle lease. PINHO, KIRK // Crain's Detroit Business;3/25/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p0026
The article discusses the plans of Kevyn Orr as Detroit, Michigan's emergency manager. A former bankruptcy lawyer, Orr plans to improve the city's financial footing through speeding up the license approval and permitting process. Said moves are part of Orr's goal of streamlining the business...
- EM says city's art could be liquidated. Kelly, C. // Michigan Citizen;6/2/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 30, pA1
The article reflects on the objections to emergency manager (EM) Kevyn Orr's statement regarding the possible sale of artwork collection at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA), including the works of Vincent Willen van Gogh, Auguste Rodin and Pablo Picasso, to help in paying the debt of the city.
- Michigan Gov Steps in, Names Finance Manager for Detroit. Carr, Robert // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;3/14/2013, p14
The article announces the appointment by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder of Jones Day partner Kevyn Orr as emergency financial manager for Detroit, Michigan.
- Detroit and the Security for Full-Faith-and-Credit GOs. STERN, ADAM // Bond Buyer;7/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33945, p5
In this article, the author discusses that emergency financial manager, Kevyn Orr of Detroit's has appealed to market that Detroit would treat its general obligation, bondholders as "unsecured" creditors and will pay them only pennies on the dollar.
- Water rights. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;10/13/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 49, pA1
The article offers information on water rights and the plan of Emergency Manager (EM) Kevyn Orr to create a regional authority to manage the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department in Detroit, Michigan.
- EM privatizes trash collection. Wischusen, Phreddy // Michigan Citizen;11/24/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, pA1
The article reports on the announcement made by Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr concerning the plan of the city of Detroit, Michigan to privatize residential garbage collection staring March 2014.